Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever purchased a CMP garand or M1 carbine? I may start looking into one. was gonna see if anyone here had experiance with getting one and if they were satisfied with it,

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
They come in different conditions, and the price goes up accordingly.
To qualify to order one(sent right to your door, no FFL required) you must meet certain requirments like belonging to the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club for one. Its an NRA sanctioned facility. The other requirments are on their web site. I was looking through there the other day. They even carry .22 rifles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i need to join an affiliated club and shoot a match and then i qualify. i really want a service grade garand. feel that would suit me just fine for the price.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
For historical value, the service grade is great. I've seen some nice looking walnut stocks that are new a guy can pick up of a couple of hundred bucks if one wanted to dress it up. But, with the history of the Garand, I wouldn't worry about putting a couple more dings in it. I have a couple of rifles that are truck guns, that I could care less about the wood. Beat em up and move on. ;D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i got one i got a strange feeling it would be my new main rifle...go everywhere me and do everything. may get treated little nicer than my single shot 12 gauge or my henry 22 rifle ect since those are my said truck guns but hey i cant remember the last time i used my gun cases. they are tucked away on a shelf in the attic. most the time my guns stay at home since i dont really travel to hunt but when they do go places most the time they ride right next to me

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Ready for a rumor??? I've heard this for at least a year or so but did hear it again today. A bunch of Korean M1 Garand and Carbines are getting ready to hit the market. Prices from 2-6 hundred depending on condition.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I heard that rumor too, but if I remember correctly they are sub-standard weapons produced overseas, and don't really have a collectors value. My brain is fuzzy on this. There has got to be a M1 Garand forum with serious collectors that may have the real scoop. You know how the internet is....you can hear anything, and most of it is false. I'll browse around and see if I can find this.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wouldn't mind having an M1 carbine. The garand would be nice, but too heavy to lug around for hunting. Great guns though!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i already lug a heavy rifle around...sporterized 1917 US model einfield 30-06....this last season i packed around a M1A1...my 22 hornet has such a heavy barrel its nearly as heavy as my 30-06 i swear and its a single shot

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Got mine back in 90-91. Cost $160. Back when if was called the DCM(Director of Civilian Marksmanship). Mine is a late WW2 serial # and it shoots awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts