Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The contest has alreay started and teams have been set. If you have any question ask okherp or Bullbuster. they can tell everything you need to know. They are two great guys to know, there are other too, they wil help you.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
The contest was set up at the start of the year. Teams and captains were randomly selected from those who wished to join. As you can see its been going on a couple of years now and when the season ends and a new begins so will the contest. No prize beyond bragging rights is given out. Feel free to read about it under the contest section for this year.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
We always look forward to new members joining the contests. We will be looking forward to your entry's next year. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I can't say if I'll be running it again next year or not. But rest assured info will be posted well in advance of teams being set up. Just keep a watch out for it.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Every point counts for your team. Its a year long contest so even fish can make a big dent in the points. Some folks this season added there biggest numbers with fish. Its all about getting out doors and having fun.

·
Registered
199 Posts
So how do you go about getting on a team? When are teams drawn? Is there a draft or does everyone get there own? Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
There is a deadline in the spring for members to sign up. Teams are drawn by random draw, and the game starts from there. Bragging rights only. Problem is that nobody brags a lot, but its still a good way to get folks to display their hunts, and fishing trips. On occasion, we learn a little more about hunting/fishing techniques that benefit all of us. ;D

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I'd have to look back, but I think the season for the new hunting contest starts sometime after archery deer season. That would be Jan 15, so you guys are not far off. We are in the tail end of this contest.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
We actually started this current contest in June if I recall. But eithor way keep coming back for updates. Still need to set a date for the close of this contest.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Let's close this one at the end of February?
What ya y'all think??

·
Registered
199 Posts
How bout have all points in by last day of January. Get all totals calculated and posted by 15 feb. Open enrollment for new teams. 15-25. Draw new teams and post 28 feb. Be ready for new points to be added by march 1 ?? Just an option. And my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wait till all the waterfowl season are over in February. Then close the contest.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I agree wait till all seasons are over. Glad to see we got a bunch wanting in on the next contest. Maybe we can get enough for 3 teams.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.