Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I drew big Mac archery hunt!
Boggy creek area. I've always hunted hominy, so if anybody has some tips for that area, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Way to go Dennis, didn't think the results came out till the 15th. Guess I better go look.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I know I'm a whiner, but I logged into the ODW web site and checked my results the moment they came out. My next move was to get on the phone, and call to get a cabin or trailer on the base. In the next two hours I logged 65 calls on my cell phone. Called base information, asked for an emergency number, called them, and got another number that I've logged another 60 some calls to. Finally tonight, I got an answer.
The guy was pretty rude when he told me they were sold out, and refused to put me on a waiting list. :mad: :mad:

The guy I signed up with has a FIL that works on the base as a trucker driving ordinance back and forth to the bunkers, so he knows where the deer are.
He told me that people sign up for the cabins a year in advance, and dump the reservation if they don't get drawn. They lose a deposit, but for some its no big deal. Pisses me off totally, as they are like a small home with full ammenities, and its right at the hunt area. Now, I'll have to fight the base traffic coming to work, and pass security every time. Makes having to get up an hour earlier. :mad: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Keep calling them and check for a vacant place. Everyone has a bad day and u likely got this guy on his. I'm sure he has has tons of phone calls and people yelling at him so keep at it.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Already talked to one guy that is 85th on the waiting list for 45 hunters?
They are open basically for military and retirees, so I guess they are 1st priority.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Next time call me and I'll get on the mil list for ya. Of course I'll have to go stay in the cabin, you'll have to cook my meals and pour my whiskey and cokes, but I will forgo the footrubs. Just cause I'm a nice guy.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
You have a deal!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts