Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won!

Archery
McAlester AAP (C, phy. chal.)
Oct. 9-11
100 (2) Only 1 Antlered

It might be pretty warm that time of year, but I've never drawn McAlester. Looking forward to it.:D

Anybody else draw a hunt?

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Oh Snap!!! Forgot that was today...I'll be right back...

[move] WHEEEEE 344 OKMULGEE EITHER SEX GUN HUNT

[/move]

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations to all you guys that drew special hunts....good luck. I was lucky to draw into Cherokee 11/7. The instructions said to print the hunt documents and letter. I have tried to open both documents several times today with no luck. I keep getting the message that the documents are not formatted correctly. Just wondering if any of you guys are having the same trouble? Thanks :mad:

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK! looks like we have lots of winners. I was going to pay my fee today but it wouldn't accept it. I'll bet in a day or two it will work out OK ;)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Yeeee Haw. Going back to Big Mac. Oct 16-18 in Boggy. Dennis which unit did you get? Now I have to find a bow again. Just gave the one back I borrowed last year. Never thought Id get drawn 2 years running. Hopefully I will have better luck this year.

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations to all you guys that drew special hunts....good luck. I was lucky to draw into Cherokee 11/7. The instructions said to print the hunt documents and letter. I have tried to open both documents several times today with no luck. I keep getting the message that the documents are not formatted correctly. Just wondering if any of you guys are having the same trouble? Thanks :mad:

I had a buddy try to get the documents too, and he got the same message. I'm betting they get it cleared up in a day or two.

I've already got a two bedroom cabin on the facility rented.

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeeee Haw. Going back to Big Mac. Oct 16-18 in Boggy. Dennis which unit did you get? Now I have to find a bow again. Just gave the one back I borrowed last year. Never thought Id get drawn 2 years running. Hopefully I will have better luck this year.
I read the rules, and it said that we can also have unlimited hogs and coyotes. I"m not going to shoot anything other than a trophy buck, but I hope that happens early as we are the first group in the area. Then its on to the piggies. ;D

It said Hominy on my You've won thread. Is that a good area?

HODDY, DENNIS E 3 - Deer Hunts 335 - McAlester AAP - Hominy - Archery (2) Only 1 Antlered 10/9/2009 - 10/11/2009 9/18/2009

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Yes Hominy is a great area. Last year they told us if we killed a doe or a pig, you got invited back the next year without having to be drawn. So shoot either and get a free ride next year. I forgot about the cabins, I think we will try to do that also.

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better get on the cabins quick as I called at 9am yesterday and got a voice mail. Called 10 more times during the day and go a voice mail.
Asked the wife to call as I was bluegill fishing, and she got thru on the 2nd call. the lady said to hold on as she was with a customer. All she did was lay the phone down as she could hear people in the background talking, and doors shutting. She called me on another phone, and told me to call them. I got a recording that somebody was on the phone. :mad: :mad:
About noon today, I got a call from a guy that said he was returning my call. Fortunatly, I got the last two bedroom cabin left. :mad: Still makes me mad about the customer service. Hope the hunts better.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrates to y'all on the draw hunts.
Hope y'all score this season.

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Hominy is a great area. Last year they told us if we killed a doe or a pig, you got invited back the next year without having to be drawn. So shoot either and get a free ride next year. I forgot about the cabins, I think we will try to do that also.
Seems I remember when you went last year, you were pretty unhappy.
Can you refresh me about why?

I did notice that its a two deer hunt. Buck and doe. Read the regs, and saw where we could shoot unlimited hogs and coyotes. In the past wasn't it a buck hunt only?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
We were unhappy mainly from disrespectful hunters. Everyone decided to come and stomp all over the area we were in. No wonder we didnt see anything.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I got Lexington WMA - Gun Either-Sex 11/15/2009. Not sure how good the deer population is out there but eh my brother goes every year so I figured why not tag along..:)

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations! I think they have a pretty good kill ratio out on Lexington. I'll bet you will have venison in the freezer this fall.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Someone at Macalester finally called us back. All booked up. They told us to start calling at 0630 on Aug 31 to try and get a trailer. Oh well, if we dont get one, we will take our own. Gonna check into the Martin Jaguar bow Ive seen in Cabelas and Bass Pro catalog. Wonder if the Bass Pro here has one in stock? Gonna have to go check it out. Its only $138, which is what got me to looking at it.

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there are only 100 on our hunt, and everything was booked up by noon on the first day. I got the last cabin. I learned a lesson. Call at 0802 the morning of the results.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Prob just take my pop- up again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.