Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least thats what my dad called it back in the day. We would be fishing from a boat near a golf course in Ponca, and the golfers would knock ball after ball into the water, and so on. He thought golf was the stupidest game in the world.

Fast forward, I played my first round of golf in 10 years today. I like the challenge of the sport. It was hot, but my buddy and his son wanted to go.
We only did the front nine at Blackwell. Nice course, and with two people playing, and getting a cart, it was $16 bucks each. Pretty cheap play.

I sucked really bad for 95% of the game, but finally got some of it back, on the last two.

Anybody else into "cow pasture pool"?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I like golf, but never got a chance to go, so I sold my golf clubs 2 years ago. I bought them about 5 years ago, and only played like 2 rounds of golf with them. The rest of the time was just use at the driving range, and as a makeshift holder for jackets and shirts (it was a stand up bag with the legs). If figured someone else could get more use out of them then I was.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I use to be really into golf, best score was a 81 and I 3 putted 18 or I'd of broke 80. Use to build clubs and the whole thing. Haven't played in over a year tho, since I quit flying and playing all over the world kind of lost the bug. I did play at Qatar a few years back, it was 135 degrees but it was awesome to play the course where the European tour plays and to get the heck off of the base for a while.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was never into it at that level, but just enjoyed getting out on the course, having a few beers, and making a fool of myself off the tee.
I need to get to the driving range. :-[

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
After almost breakin 80, I got worse and the last several years I wouldn't keep score and just enjoyed hittin the ball and the best fun was fishing balls out of the ponds. I still like to play in man scramble tourneys and drink beer.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The scrambles are real fun.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I used to play glof on my high school team over 30 yrs ago. After I graduated to used play at Stag night at the club and have few beers myself. I haven't touched a club in 20 yrs. I can't swing a club because pf arthritis in my shoulder. I sure miss all the good times I had playing the sport.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I play now and again. Aint the best but I can hold my own against other duffers like me.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I have clubs and go about once every 3 years. But whats sad, Im just as good as my buddies who go all the time and think they are pro jocks. Personally I prefer my version of Golf. Heres what you need. Your bow, and a field of round bales. These are my rules, tailor to suite. You pick out a round bale and declare it hole # 1. Your first shot must be an indirect lobbing shot. After that you can "putt" and make a direct shot to the bale. Its a blast. If you have a recurve or slower bow, its alot funner cause you can keep an eye on your arrows flight. Alot of times you wont know where you hit til you get closer. My buddy got a hole in one that we didnt see til we got up to the bale and there was his arrow stuck in the top of the bale. He was using an old fiberglass Bear kids bow with weedeater string for a string. It was long ago.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that actually sounds like a ton of fun! I could get more into that than "cow pasture pool" :D

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Closest I've come to playing golf is shooting golf balls in the pasture. See how far you can shoot it down range with a .22 and 10 rnd mag. .45's launch 'em waaaaaay far.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Been known to place a few range balls on the end of the 12g. They hold up rather well to different loads and fly rather high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts