Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I have a cow problem and this is what we came up with to solve it. What do yall think. Do you think the deer will still use the feeder?

problem

answer

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: cow problem and possible answer

I don't know okiehunt16 if they will use it or not...you have the same problem I do..I have a couple of rings just like this one and so if it works let me know..looks a lot easier that stringing the 3 barb wires like I do..

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts

I was just gonna say how about a low fence around it. Shouldn't effect the deer but should keep the cows away.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Yea Bull that's what I do..I just run 3 barb wires pulled only hand tight and try to get out far enough from the feeder that the cows don't ever get a chance at a grain of corn..I normally try to use small trees or brush but in a case like this I have used t-post and it still worked fine....it must be the farmer in me but the first thing I noticed was that these are really nice looking black cows... ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts

Somw fresh steaks for all your hard work ;D

·
Registered
5,305 Posts

Me to Sasakwa, nice angussessesss......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well, my folks went out to the lease this morning and the news is very good. There are deer tracks everywhere, small ones and very large ones. the only bad news is that some of the smaller deer are getting into the hay ring and knocked the cover off the motor of the feeder. so, now I'm very excited about opening day....

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Thats great as long as its the big ones that show up on opening day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts