Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some work done on one of my flatbed trucks at the Ford place here in town and picked up this morning. I brought it home and parked it. I had an appointment at 2 to get my taxes done and didn’t get home until about 4. After getting home, I discovered one of my cows had calved, and her calf had fallen into a 40 foot ravine with a creek at the bottom. I had to climb down and attach a “harness” and pull him out while fighting off his momma at the same time. He is healthy and no worse for wear. When I got back to my house, I heard what sounded like a “cheep” coming from the truck I picked up this morning, but I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. About the time I popped the hood, I heard the sound again from under my flatbed. I shined a flashlight under the bed over my gas tank and found kittens. When I crawled under there to get them out, I found 3. I called a buddy that works at the Ford place to make sure they didn’t have a shop cat that might’ve had kittens, and he said they didn’t take returns. I guess that means we’re keeping them. My wife did a little research and thinks they’re probably 2-3 weeks old.
Here’s the new additions.
Carnivore Felidae Grey Small to medium-sized cats Fawn

Working animal Liver Plant Fawn Grass

·
Super Moderator
12,622 Posts
Crazy for sure. The child support is gonna be costly.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Y’all ain’t going to believe this crap!!! I failed to mention in my original post that I did make one stop on the way home when I picked up my truck on Wednesday to get the mail at my old house. I went back by today to drop off trash in my dumpster and get the mail again, and when I was getting back in the truck, I heard what sounded like a kitten screaming. Low and behold, I found a fourth kitten. I guess it fell off the gas tank when I stopped on Wednesday. My wife said it isn’t any more trouble to bottle feed four than it is three.🤷‍♂️
I’m thinking this newest one may be suffering a little PTSD from his experiences surviving on his own the last couple days.
Cat Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Gesture

·
Administrator
15,152 Posts
LOL. Good for you guys taking them in.
I'm actually not a cat fan, but critters need to be taken care of .

Reactions: Kennywayne

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Good for you guys taking them in.
I'm actually not a cat fan, but critters need to be taken care of .
I’ve never been a cat fan either, and when my wife and daughter brought home “barn cats” 4 years ago, I wasn’t happy. However, the ones we have are stoned cold killers. They’ve brought home several dead snakes, multiple gophers and mice, multiple bird, several big field rats, and one flying squirrel (I have no idea how the hell they caught it).
To be honest, I’ve gotten pretty dang attached to our grown cat and am actually willing to admit I’m now a cat person.

·
Super Moderator
12,622 Posts
I’d be doing a good look over of that truck. Be a hell of a thing to still have some stowaways.

·
Administrator
15,152 Posts
I'm not a cat fan because they are the #2 killer of Quail if allowed to roam in the countryside.
Quail typically occupy brushy areas in fence rows and around barns and the cats know that. Our one and only neighbor 275 yards away appears to want to adopt them.
My politically correct comment is that when I saw one on top of my 2 week old F-250 hood, that cat no longer exists on this planet. Any others no longer exist as well.
I'll trap my gophers, moles and varmints. No cats required.

·
Super Moderator
12,622 Posts
You’re now a cat lover. Only a cat lover would post these kinds of pics.

• Haha
Reactions: retrieverman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts