Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how many of you have had custom leather gear made for your guns and such? Like slings, ammo pouches, buttstocks, knife sheath's and such.
I'm thinking about having a sling and or duck call neck lanyard made. I'm likely going to having my buddy do it. He makes hand crafted leather gear for hunters and fisherman. Here is a link to his sight.. http://www.levergunleather.com/

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I don't normally wear leather when hunting deer, as it retains human odor, but did acquire a couple of Leather accented gun cases from an auction. We used to vacation in Mexico a lot before all of this drug crap started and going through the leather shops down there was a treat. All hand tooled.
One of the things I've thought I wanted is the leather "stringers" ( I don't know the real term for them) that old time bird hunters used to carry their upland birds before game bags came around.. I just think they look real retro and cool. I'll check your buddies site and see if he knows what they are, and if he can make some.
Thanks for the link. ;D

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Just went to the link, and hell I know this guy! We used to pm on occasion from the NAHC site. ;D
If I remember right, he did some work for me many years ago, and I can't remember what it was.....hell getting old. ::)

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya Chance Shelton aka Levergun.
Used to live in Cali with me before moving to Idaho. He's doing allot of stuff of the big companies now. Does it full time. I actually called and talked to him today as its been awhile. Wanted to run some ideas by him. He has made several game carriers and has pic's of them on his site. What I'm looking to have made is a duck call neck holder with some duck carvings. Still gotta draw up my ideas and send to him. will be a bit $$ but a one of a kind.
Check out his misc. pics section. He still has several on me from years back and some of he and I at a GT we did at his place. Oh the good old days.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I did check out his site, and saw that he had made some game carriers. I'll have to get with him and order one. I guess the only drawback of having one of the game carriers is that Gunner will be nipping at my arse. ;D After we shoot a pheasant, he won't leave the area untill it goes into the game bag. Its pretty funny and you'd have to be there to appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a good dog. Don't wana leave till the job is done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts