Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Nest robbers they are. We have one that is about 6' that lives in one of the outbuildings. I see his skin in there every year when he sheds it.
See them going through the trees as well looking for bird nests.
We put up several bird houses a few years ago on the creosote posts on the fence line. Birds started nests but never finished them. Saw the snake one day with his head stuck in one so now we know why.
No mice in the outbuilding though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nest robbers they are. We have one that is about 6' that lives in one of the outbuildings. I see his skin in there every year when he sheds it.
See them going through the trees as well looking for bird nests.
We put up several bird houses a few years ago on the creosote posts on the fence line. Birds started nests but never finished them. Saw the snake one day with his head stuck in one so now we know why.
No mice in the outbuilding though.
This is the third snake I've seen in three days. Unfortunately I killed this one, but I was hoping for getting a few chicks out of this last batch. The actions of this guy irritated me.

I almost never kill constrictors, as they keep the rodent population down and that keeps the venomous snake population down. However, I'll make an exception for egg thieves.

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
I would too if I had chickens. Watched one of them in a video once constrict an egg until the shell cracked and then swallowed it. Interesting process.

·
Super Moderator
12,801 Posts
I just got done feeding my sons boa’s and pythons. Frozen and thawed in the sink.
Haven’t seen any snakes around this new place yet.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn Diggler, you entered up in the Arm Wrestling Contest?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
That shoulder gets rebuilt completely next week on the 22nd. Had to take advantage one last time for the gun show. 😄

I can start exercising again in about Nov. Had almost a year off to this point. By 2023 I can start posting selfies again...

Free reed aerophone Hat Art Event Entertainment

·
Super Moderator
12,801 Posts
That shoulder gets rebuilt completely next week on the 22nd. Had to take advantage one last time for the gun show. 😄

I can start exercising again in about Nov. Had almost a year off to this point. By 2023 I can start posting selfies again...

View attachment 8511
You’re not gonna go all Tim Curry on us now are you?
Footwear Shoe Shorts Arm Muscle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts