Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pay my credit card balance every day and have for years, and I got online this morning only to find my card has been hacked. Some sorry SOB charged $322 for “bicycle parts” from a company in CA. I haven’t owned a bicycle in 40 years.
Now my only credit card is out of commission for a week until Capital One can get me another one.🤬

·
Registered
349 Posts
That truly sucks! Capital One has been really good when mine got compromised at a gas station pump. No other charges except gas and they reversed them all. I sure wish someone with a "set" would get the retailer then an address and meet that SOB in person when trying to pickup their bicycle parts. No consequences for anyone's actions so why not right? Just like the porch pirates - so what if we get caught, won't do anything and I don't have anything for restitution either.

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
We’ve had ours hacked a couple of times. One from Portland Or. even had a delivery address that I tracked and found on Google earth. Took a screenshot and called Portland PD, getting transferred to a fraud detective that listened to my story telling me it was probably a drop house where nobody lived so it wasn’t worth their time to check it out. Well, it is Portland.
Second was out of Elmira NY. They were buying horse tack at a tractor supply. Did the same thing with the same results.
Nobody cares. Not even the CC companies.

·
Super Moderator
12,801 Posts
Wife just had her compromised with charges to iTunes. Canceled the card and filed a claim is all we can do for now.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I actually got my card compromised the last time I filled up my truck on my way out of Ponca last month. Two days later I got a text for a $500 charge at the gas station in Tonkawa and immediately another text from the fraud dept. I acknowledged it was fraud, called my fraud dept phone number and they unlocked my account and erased the fraud charge. I talked to my mom and several people in Ponca got compromised, probably a skimmer on the pumps.

For Dennis, this was the Conoco on Waverly and South Ave.

I've been hacked/compromised probably 6 times in my life. I can't stand thieves.

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
I actually got my card compromised the last time I filled up my truck on my way out of Ponca last month. Two days later I got a text for a $500 charge at the gas station in Tonkawa and immediately another text from the fraud dept. I acknowledged it was fraud, called my fraud dept phone number and they unlocked my account and erased the fraud charge. I talked to my mom and several people in Ponca got compromised, probably a skimmer on the pumps.

For Dennis, this was the Conoco on Waverly and South Ave.

I've been hacked/compromised probably 6 times in my life. I can't stand thieves.
Thanks for the heads up!
I rarely visit that station as they are on the other side of town but if someone is using skimmers there, they will likely be at other stations as well, so I’ll be on alert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts