Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new Tenpoint ELT Crossbow in 2010, disappointed I didn't get the chance to get a shot off at any deer that year.

This year, early in archery season, I shot two bucks,wasn't anything to brag about,big spike and a button buck I thought was a doe!

Very satisfied with the bow,Tenpoint definitely added quality when designing and making this bow, was shooting easton arrows 20'' with Spitfire mechanical blades,100 grain!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Congrats on the deer. Meat is meat and I popped 2 buttun bucks this year which will eat just like any other deer will. I've heard good things about them 10 points. Been looking at getting a side shooter for my wife and kids to use.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bullbuster,congrats on the deer,Tenpoint CB are expensive but like the saying goes ,"you get what you pay for"!

Mine came straight from the factory already sighted in at 20 yards, it's been shooting dead center for two years without making any aiming adjustments,so I'm a happy camper :)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Me my buddy have Barnett Predators and is brother has a Ghost 400. All super fast.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Excaliber Equinox shooter here.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The ghost 400 is of 2 that will kill deer @100 yards.
Styker is the other & both are @ Bass Pro Shops 400-407fps.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
The ghost 400 is of 2 that will kill deer @100 yards.
Styker is the other & both are @ Bass Pro Shops 400-407fps.
That would be one heck of a shot at 100 yds.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Lee from the show The Crush, I believe shot an Antelope @ 100 yards with it on TV a while back.
It was crazy to see that shot & that Buck Antelope go down.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I'm not saying its impossible, as its been done on TV, but there are so many variables with loss of kenetic energy, wind drift, etc, that It wouldn't be any shot I'd be comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
They were introducing the new Crossbow the GHOST by Barnette.
Showed it shot groups @ 80 yards & kinetic energy.
The two guys decided that the crossbow was good out to 100 yards on deer size game & may have enough for an elk.
He felt confident in the shot & took it.

Personally: I'd have to shot it just about everyday to be that confident in taking a 100 yard shot.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Just because a gun, bow, or any weapon can do it doesn't make it right for everyone. Its like them long range shooters. Just cause they can do it doesn't mean everyone can. Thats the problem with them doing it on TV. They practice for it and then someone sees it and tries it and if lucky misses but usually they end up wounding an animal. Its all about your comfert zone and experiance. I have a 50y pin on my bow. I won't shoot a deer past 30y if I can help it. But if I can practice to 50y and get good then the 30y shot is that much eaiser for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts