Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who is going to be the first from here to report a Deer Down.

With today being the Official opener I'm as happy as a 2 peeter'd puppy. May take a trip to Thunderbird or Lexington WMA with my 9 and 5 year old to check things out here in the next few days.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
I'm working 6 days a week, 10 hrs a day right now, so it will be Sunday before I can get out. I might drive out after work today and glass the field from a distance to see if anything is moving. Shot my crossbow last night, and finished putting together another ladder stand, so I'm ready.
I'm not real big on evening hunts, as I hate having to track them at night.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
No bow.
Yet seen two nice bucks a 10 & a 8 point yesterday morning around 8:15 a.m.
Both were ready to cross the road from the pasture they were in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but I got one last month ;D See pics in hunting contest

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but I got one last month ;D See pics in hunting contest
OMG Thats right!:D
A nice blacktail:D

Ok since we have that under our belt, WHO is gonna be #2?:D

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm down and so is the rest of the family with a bad cold. I wanna crawn in a hole and just sleep for a week.

·
Registered
918 Posts
i hear i just whipped a 103 fever tues and low grade ones all day weds and thurs they suck i am fixing to go crawl into my super awesome new tree stand and hope to whack one get feeling well buster fam

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck to everyone. Lets see who gets the first buck this year as my deer was a doe

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
I finally get to go in the morning. This plant overhaul sux. Its going to run into Mz season as well. :'(
Considering this economy I guess I shouldn't gripe. It a job.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Look forward to photos tomarrow Dennis. ;D

·
Registered
918 Posts
well got into the stand and turned right around and got out the wind switched and it was blowing right at my back so gonna try it again tomorrow

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Man! I didn't see any fur but a couple of ***** crossing a field. ???

I stayed in the stand until 1030hrs, and walked out. Drove around, and found a 1/4 section of beans 1/2 mile east, and a half section of milo 3/4 of a mile south east. I think I know where the deer are now. I went south a couple of miles where I can hunt, and found they had planted it in milo, but had not harvested all of it. I called the guy that farms it, and he said some of it around the edge was not ripe enough to harvest, and there were some wet spots in the middle that didn't get harvested as well. Drove around the edge, and found a virtual highway of tracks coming into and out of that field. A great big elm tree about 75 yds from that corner is getting a ladder stand in it. Sux I only get one day a week to hunt, and I don't want to put a stand up in the evening when the deer are coming into the field and spook them, and McAlister is coming next weekend. I'll have one Sunday to get it up before MZ season starts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts