1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Congrats on a fine doe!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Nice pile of meat man. Had a quartering away shot I see.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Way to go! Congrats on an opening day kill ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She actually did that herself. I shot, she dropped and spun left to leave, and caught It behind the ribs. Came out on the other aide through the left lung. She went about 200 yards into the nastiest jungle/slew!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
A kill is a good shot, no matter how it happened! ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I've had that happen as well. My first hunt in Virginia and first ever from a tree stand. Had a slew of deer just show up in front of me. I was shaking like a leaf. I picked the closest deer with the best shot. The deer jumped the string and lunged forward. I actually hit just above and in front of the rear legs hitting the spine. The deers back legs were paralyzed. Deer kept trying to get up. Turned and was facing head on at me while flailing so I let another arrow fly. It passed through the left ear and center chest sticking into the ground. Deer didn't budge after that. When I gutted it the arrow past right through the heart. I was very lucky on that deer and learned a lot about calming my nerves and deer jumping at the sound of the shot.
Congrats again on a fine doe.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Hope to have some antlers before long. I passed on a small 6 last night hoping for something bigger! Supposed to be a change in the weather Saturday, should be a good morning!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrats to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts