Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would be interested in a combo hunt for next season?
Location will be Ft.Cobb-W.M.A.
Dates will be the opening weekend of Deer Gun.

Friday-Sunday & maybe Monday.That's if the dates run like that.

Shotguns with Slugs or Archery equipment is what can be used.

This is just an idea for now...If enough of you are interested & are committed to the G.T.
I will list more & keep this topic as current as possible.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Sounds good to me at this point but who knows what will be in a year from now.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Ding, I'm in.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, keep um coming.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I am in as well but like bullbuster said one never knows what could come up. I am none the less interested in doing this.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this is enough to get going on this.
I plain to hunt the north part of the lake @ Ft.Cobb.
Plenty of space to spread out & hunt different places all @ once with a good group of people.
Their is a motel on the north side & we could split the cost on a few rooms ..cost is low during this time of year.
Plenty of places to eat or we can bring a grill & go from their.

More later. If ya got an ideas list them here.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Gauge if you have the name of the hotel let me know. I'll see if they have a military discount. A few bucks saved is a few more rounds in the pocket.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plain to get that info later to y'all that want to go.
Got a good year to work it all out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont know how you guys are about new guys, but If work allows I would love to come hunting and meet everyone here on the forum. I am still "stuck" in Alaska and will be in OK around the second week of December. I have a freind who just took a nice buck and doe from Fort Cobb as part of a wounded soldier hunt he said he loved it there. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see ya again on the forum.
Yep- if you want in- ya got a spot.
This hunting g.t. will be for next season 2010.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Alaska is the only state I've never been able to step foot in.
A past life as a trucker and military, and going to schools in my current life, has allowed me to go to 49 of the 50.Some like Maine was a drive around the sign that said welcome to Maine, and so on) What I've seen on TV and in the magazines I read, its a hunters paradise. The climate in Southern Alaska around Ketchican is similar to Oklahoma's. At least in the northern part of our state, where the temps can get to -20 below. Not often, but it has been there.
The winters in Alaska would be the most trying, but I'm sure you would know more about that than us. We have been watching a reality show about the state troopers in Alaska. They have a heck of a job.
My family had an opportunity to transfer there in the army, but it just didn't happen due to other circumstances.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep,Dennis staying in Southern Alaska during the winter is a for thing.
I stayed in Sitka & Ketchican AK as much as possible when late September rolled around.

The 4 seasons in Alaska... June,July,August & Winter. ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Some times the Alaska winter can be helpful. For example... I just finished a three day mountain goat hunt in Cordova were it was 55 degrees. I was able to harvest an 8" nanny and my buddy a nearly 10" billy. I returned to fairbanks early as they continued to hunt for griz and black bear. I had over 200lbs of meat and not enough room to store it. Luckily it was a high of 32 and low of 20 in fairbanks. "perfect back porch fridge" weather. I just stored the meat in wax fish boxes till my buddy retuned last night and am turning mine into summer sausage and "hunter" sticks since im moving soon.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
garrison- those are some dandy goats ya 2 got.
After been a packer & a assistant guide for 2 years for nothing but Goats & sheep...In AK.
I'm done. Up & down & Up & down the mountain.No more.
Plain to get back for another moose in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It was a lobor of love and a hunt of a life time (thats what I tell my wife....cus I am going back), but it was tough. I enjoy hunting the hard way. I dont think I would enjoy it as much if it was a job. Guides in Alsaka have a really tough job, I used to question how much money they charge but after seeing the work and logistics involved I can understand the high prices. I hope I havent highjacked the thread talking about Alaska...I am getting ready for gobblers, bulls and hogs.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let me know when ya get to Ft.Sill.
Will plain a hunt & go.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sounds like a good trip! If I can make it, I would like to join.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well:If all go's well, will have this gun hunt G.T. next season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts