Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lease desired within a reasonable driving distance of Enid. Desire Deer hunting and Turkey if available. For the most part I would be the only hunter, although I would like to be able to take my father for a day or two if he came here from out of state. I hunt with every archery, muzzleloader, and modern gun; but prefer my bow. I believe that I am pretty easy to get along with and a passionately ethically hunter. I am willing to pay some pretty good money for the right place, but it must be the type of place that one can hunt with a reasonable chance of encountering a few fairly descent deer each year. I don't expect world class racks. I just like to hunt for mature bucks. I don't shoot does, unless you just insist on it. I will consider any acreage. Please message me with with any offers. Please include location, size, price per acre, and a little about the geographical makeup.

Craig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some good public hunting areas about 2 hours north west of Enid that not many people hunt it is archery only and is near the river.
What is best thing to bow hunt from out here; a tree stand or ground blind? I've always used a lock-on or a climber and tried to get at least 30' up. If the closer public lands look anything like the Enid area, good tall stand hanging trees are a bit thin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Telephone poles and cottonwoods are the only trees that will be limb free for the most part to use a climber up here. Most of cottonwood circumferences are large so I don't know how well that would work either. Forget 30' period up here IMO. It's not necessary either even with bow. Lot of guys don't even use the bottom section of ladder on their 14' ladder stands.

·
Administrator
13,933 Posts
I like to get as high as possible, but around here, 30' would put one in the top of a cottonwood.
The winds would give somebody a pretty good ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,844 Posts
30' is higher than the birds nest. I need to invest in a low profile hang on for next season. My climber just won't due.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts