Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so pumped about this season. We got a new place South of Okemah. We went Sunday and spent all day scouting and putting up feeders and cameras. Been shooting the crossbow some in the evenings since it cooled off a little bit. Saw some hog sign around a couple of the ponds. The land owner called today and said since it rained hes going to plant several patches of wheat for us. SWEET. We are gonna kick in some money for fuel and seed. Just hope we don't just end up feeding his cows.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
It will be interesting this season with so much of where, I hunt has been burned up that is for deer.
Yet the critter seem to be come back slowly around here.
We have a close to 200 class buck on the hill side out in front of house just about every other day.
Darn city limits. This buck is the biggest, I have ever seen in the wild at least 30" plus of inside spread. :eek: :eek: 8)

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
It will be interesting this season with so much of where, I hunt has been burned up that is for deer.
We have a close to 200 class buck on the hill side out in front of house just about every other day.
Darn city limits. This buck is the biggest, I have ever seen in the wild at least 30" plus of inside spread. :eek: :eek: 8)
Don't you work for the city? Come the rut it may be a safety hazard with it all fired up to fight with kids near by. May have to help the city out on this one man.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I've been totally lazy this year. Haven't put out any cameras or anything. The heat just totally bummed me out. I'm a cold weather person.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear that Dennis. We got up and left at 0400 to beat the heat and then lucked out that day cause it was cloudy that day. I dread every day putting on this vest in this heat.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
This heat can go away already...over 60+ days of 100-111 degrees here in Med.Park.
We had a rain finally, not much but it did wet thing down.
Also had 1 day under 100 degrees ;) nice all day long 8) .

Looking forward to 32 degree weather about right now.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
And that's how he got so big by knowing the city limits!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I'm not of the "upper crust", but I've heard of some monster deer that hang our at the Country Club Golf course in Ponca. They pretty much live in town, and in the areas around the golf course. Unless they travel during the rut, I'll bet they die of old age.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I just got the latest issue of Rack magazine from Buckmasters and they have an article of the new OK state record bow harvest from Camanche county if I recall correctly. OK has some big boys you just got to be in the right place at the right time and on the right plot of land.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I'm not of the "upper crust", but I've heard of some monster deer that hang our at the Country Club Golf course in Ponca. They pretty much live in town, and in the areas around the golf course. Unless they travel during the rut, I'll bet they die of old age.
I had permission to hunt Meekers golf course a few years back as the deer were tearing up some of the greens. But had to go to the desert instead of hunting that year. Came back and the guy sold the course to the city. Dang it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts