Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Dennis report from Big Mac

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  trkytalkr 
Congrats Dennis, I am going down there Wen. morning and hope to have a great time.

I was drawn into the Hominy area, I have been there before but not to this area, if anyone has a clue I would appreciate the help.

I am here at McAlester AAP and the deer are everywhere

McAAP was fun, my wife and I had a good time. I seen 17 deer on Friday was able to take a shot at a nice 10 point but shot under. Was not prepared, I had only taken climber stands and was sitting on the ground. Friday I called my son and had him bring me a ladder stand. Saturday I only seen 2 deer, but one was the same buck I seen Friday, and he gave me another shot at 20 yards and I shot over him this time. I saw three deer Sunday but too far to shot at. It was a nice weekend, my wife missed a doe and seen several deer everyday she had a small 5 point present her several shots on Friday but she wanted to wait for the big deer she had seen that morning. Saturday she was given an opportunity to a nice buck but was not ready when he came into her shooting lane. I told her that’s why they call it hunting. Maybe next year

Good hunting Fishfurlife

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.