Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We y'all.
It looks as if a G.T. could be done for Dove Season, It would have to be Sept,5-7.
New job has me working Thursday-Sunday & nothing yet on my work schedule.

If your interested in going post a reply. That would be Mon the 5th - Wednesday the 7th of September.

I'll leave this as is for now & update it regularly.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Right now I'm game for it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Bull, if you want, I could pick you up and drive down together. Monday is a for sure, just need to find out about the Tue-Wed times.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
That sounds like a good idea. I'll talk to the wife more about it and give you a call or you me once you know more.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ya both let me know when ya two get it figured out.

Still have room for up to 3 more members.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
jblackburn what part of the state you live? Do you duck hunt? I'm in OKC and if you chase quackers maybe we can GT here at one my my local spots. Just gotta wait for the drawing but its been 100% the last 3 years with blinds not filled.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I'm actually in Stillwater. I have never duck hunted (goose hunted before, though) but I have always wanted to.
I'm not far from you. Live in Ponca and work at OG&E Sooner plant.

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's awesome! We should try to meet up some time! I spent a lot of time at Kaw this past turkey season, and have been to/through Ponca a number of times.

I even got to spent a couple hours in the Perkins restaurant walkin cooler when I got caught in there during a storm during turkey season! They said there were 90+ mph straight winds, it was intense!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
90+ mph winds! That will give your decoys some movement for sure.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I can't get away on weekdays! :(

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
That's awesome! We should try to meet up some time! I spent a lot of time at Kaw this past turkey season, and have been to/through Ponca a number of times.

I even got to spent a couple hours in the Perkins restaurant walkin cooler when I got caught in there during a storm during turkey season! They said there were 90+ mph straight winds, it was intense!
I didn't hit Kaw very much this year for turkey. Generally go up in the beaver creek area when I do. Yeah, that wind was pretty rough. I've just got some of the damage fixed at home and at our range.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry you 2 jblackburn & okherp can't make it.
Understand about different days off.
Hopefully by mid September things will change for days off.

Might be able to offer some different hunts by then.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gauge,
Are you still planning on doing this? I am game for monday, after being in and out of schools and training since April.....no actually January I will have a day to go.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Right now I know gauge, myself, bird and maybe Honcho are going to try and meet up for a Monday hunt.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chad, Sorry for a late reply my computer has been down.

If you get a chance give a call, I'm still going after dove for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Well Bird, gauge and myself did have a good time. Dove just didn't fly like we wanted on Monday. But they sure flew for us lastnight. Gauge got himself a dove slam (lucky SO:)) last night a morning, white wing and Eurasian dove.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts