Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
First time draw and hunting the McAlester AAP 10/16/09 - 10/18/09. Cant wait!!
Congratulations! I'll be there the weekend before your there.

Welcome to the forum! Tell us a little about yourself, and share some hunting/fishing stories.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was drawn for Canton either sex in Nov. Should be fun. I can't seem to draw for Big Mac. Haven't drawn in the past 10 years. :'(

sooner00

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
I can feel your pain....I've been putting in for the Elk hunt since 1970. :'(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks.. Went to Bass Pro last night. Bought a Bear Grizzly recurve. Time to start shooting arrows. Wife is going to divorce me soon. I put the bow in bed next to me where she usually sleeps. She didnt think it was too funny. Oh well....

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Thanks.. Went to Bass Pro last night. Bought a Bear Grizzly recurve. Time to start shooting arrows. Wife is going to divorce me soon. I put the bow in bed next to me where she usually sleeps. She didnt think it was too funny. Oh well....
Thats where my bird dog sleeps too. He never says I can't go hunting. ;) ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok... Forgive me. Here comes the stupid questions for McAlester AAP hunt.

1. What time do you have to be out of the woods?
2. Do they let you use anything to retrieve your deer ( thinking positive ).

Any information would be great!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#1 I think you have to be back at camp by a certain time.That is after dark.
But if you shoot a deer at dark you can not look for it.If it is a good one they will
go back out with you to look for it that night.
If they have to come looking for you, they don't like it.I think their rules
change every year.

#2 Did you draw with any friends or family?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, 3 other co-workers of mine are also going. We are in the Hominy area. They have never been before either. Do you know if they plant Food plots every year?

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Yeah, 3 other co-workers of mine are also going. We are in the Hominy area. They have never been before either. Do you know if they plant Food plots every year?
I have one going with me on the group hunt. We drew the Hominy area as well. Since we will be there the week before you, I'll be able to get you some more information, before your hunt.

Our hunt is different from the rest as it is for the physically disadvantaged, and crossbows are allowed, along with we can take a helper along to assist getting into the stand, etc. I won't be taking a helper as I can do that myself, just can't pull a standard bow from a ruptured bicep tendon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Dennis.. Any help you can give after your hunt would be great. I hope you bag a big one. Are you staying in a camper or renting a cabin. I was wondering if I need to call to reserve a RV spot since I have my own camper.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
I have a 2 bedroom cabin rented. I got the last one, and I called at 10am the morning of the draw.
If your taking your rv, I'd sure get on the phone and get a spot rented if there are any left.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When we went, we had to get in between two other campers and share the hookup.We were in a pop-up
so we did not need too much room.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last year we were there at noon and still had to setup on the grass and share hookups. I don't know when they start letting them in but we were late and thought we were early. I may be there a daybreak this year. Oh, we drew Hominy on the Oct 30 weekend and get to go back on a quality pass in Deer Creek the next.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts