Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept. 17, 2014
Duck Blind Permit Drawings to Begin Saturday
A couple of late-summer cool fronts have surely made a few waterfowl hunters anxious for the upcoming seasons. And for many, part of the preparation is to attend the annual drawings for permanent duck blind permits at several lakes across Oklahoma.
Duck blind permit drawings for the five U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lakes where permanent blinds are allowed will be Saturday, Sept. 20. Drawings for blind sites at Lake Overholser/Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge and Lake Stanley Draper in Oklahoma City will be held Saturday, Sept. 27.
Duck season in Oklahoma will open Oct. 11 in the Panhandle counties, Oct. 25 in Zone 1 (northwestern areas), and Nov. 1 in Zone 2 (southern and eastern areas).
Blind drawing locations, times and dates are:

Fort Gibson Lake
When: Sept. 20; registration, 7 a.m.; drawing, 8 a.m.
Where: Oklahoma Wildlife Department's Porter Office, 1.5 miles north of the Muskogee Turnpike on U.S. 69.
Eufaula Reservoir
When: Sept. 20; registration, 9:30 a.m.; drawing, 10:30 a.m.
Where: Oklahoma Wildlife Department's Porter Office, 1.5 miles north of the Muskogee Turnpike on U.S. 69.
Webbers Falls Reservoir (Lock and Dam 16)
When: Sept. 20; registration, noon; drawing, 1 p.m.
Where: Oklahoma Wildlife Department's Porter Office, 1.5 miles north of the Muskogee Turnpike on U.S. 69.
W.D. Mayo (Lock and Dam 14)
When: Sept. 20; registration, 10 a.m., drawing to follow promptly.
Where: Spiro City Hall, 510 S. Main St.
Waurika Lake
When: Sept. 20; registration, 9 a.m., drawing to follow promptly.
Where: Waurika Lake Project Office.
Contact: Kent Swanda, (580) 595-0347.
Fort Supply Lake
When: Sept. 20; 8 to 9 a.m., first-come, first-served.
Where: Oklahoma Wildlife Department's Woodward Office, 3014 Lakeview Drive.
Contact: Eddie Wilson, (580) 334-0343.
Canton Lake
When: Sept. 20; 8 to 10 a.m., first-come, first-served.
Where: Overlook Café, south end of Canton Lake dam.
Contact: Thad Potts, (580) 541-5319.
Lakes Draper and Overholser/Stinchcomb
When: Sept. 27, 1:30 p.m.
Where: Lake Draper Marina Concession Facility, 8301 SE 104 St.
Note: Drawing for Draper sites will be held first. Oklahoma City hunting permits will be sold to drawing winners.
Contact: Overholser Patrol Station, (405) 789-3746 or Draper Marina, (405) 799-0870.
Applicants for permanent blind permits must be at least 16 years of age and possess all valid hunting licenses, signed stamps and permits as required for hunting waterfowl during the waterfowl season, unless exempt. Additionally, applicants need a valid Harvest Information Program (HIP) Permit. Applicants must be present at the drawings to be eligible.
Waterfowl hunting blinds built on Corps of Engineers and Bureau of Reclamation reservoirs are classified in two categories: temporary blinds (constructed for only one hunt and removed at the end of the hunt) and permanent blinds (constructed for seasonal use). No permit is required for temporary blinds.
Lakes where temporary duck blinds are allowed, along with other details about duck blind use, are listed in the "Oklahoma Waterfowl" regulations guide, which is available online at wildlifedepartment.com or from license vendors across the state.

The mission of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation is the management of Oklahoma's wildlife resources and habitat to provide scientific, educational, aesthetic, economic and recreational benefits for present and future generations of hunters, anglers and others who appreciate wildlife.
News Contacts: Don P. Brown, [email protected]
Micah Holmes, [email protected]
Website: wildlifedepartment.com
Telephone: (405) 521-4632
This program receives federal assistance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and thus prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, and sex (gender), pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. To request an accommodation or informational material in an alternative format, please contact the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation by calling (405) 521-3855. If you believe you have been discriminated against in any program, activity, or service, please contact U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program, Attention: Civil Rights Coordinator for Public Access, 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203.

Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation | 1801 N. Lincoln Blvd. | Oklahoma City | OK | 73105

Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I already have my sleeping bag packed so I can get in line early.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts