Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went out this morning and on my first stand im there about 10 minutes.I hear something behind me in the brush i look didnt see anything.i call 1 more time hear something again look back and there is a bobcat about 8 yards away so i turn my gun didnt look threw the scope cause he would have busted me.point and shoot and missed but i figured i would.by the way that was my first cat o well maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Good, because you can't shoot bobcats until Dec 1. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
must have skipped that section in the regs..good thing then it was kinda scary tho for him to be that close without me knowing it

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Had a nice cat 20 yds from, the stand during MZ season.
I'll be trapping him when season comes around.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There are two bob cats that like to hang out around the end of my driveway. My wife or myself will see them occasionally but I must be too old to want to kill a bob cat...Now a coyote is a different story..But for me, a bob cat is just too pretty of an animal to want to kill,especially with the fur market like it is.....but..that is just me and I'm sure not condemning hunting them or trapping...

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I seen lots of cats in the wild but its the big ones I never want to again. I like the small ones but thats not to say if I had a tag and the chance come up to fill it that I'd pass. Have busted me a few fox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts