Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elk season is wrapped up for me. No elk in the freezer, but it was a good hunt. I played cat and mouse with a real nice shooter for a couple hours he never knew I was there but stayed out of range of my bow the whole time. Put the stalk on a cow elk as well. As I closed in I found myself busted by the whole heard I found myself amongst them but realized it a little to late. The ferns they were bedded in were really high and when they winded me they jumped up arounnd me and the forest lit up. I thought I was going to get ran over. Talk about an adrenalin rush. I found a lot of rub marks where a real big bull was at. As I was moving into the area some hikers were coming out of the area. I knew the elk were long gone. These hikers had accidentally busted them out. Its public land and at least they got to see them. Next year just might work out.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Tag soup sux, but you were out in the woods. Better luck next year. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Bummer man. I've eat'n many tags. I found wrapped in bacon helps. Oh and a stiff drink.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think ill just wrap the tag around a nice deer backstrap from the deer I got earlier this month.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Well why didn't you say that before. Congrats on the deer ::) unless you told up already and I done forgot. ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts