Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on the news about all the tornados and was hoping everyone here is O.K.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Alive and kicking here. Still haven't recouped from the shop closing but we have our health and a roof over our heads. Thanks for asking.

Michael

·
Registered
840 Posts
Had to take the kids to the fraidy hole, but we're good with no damage. My sister lives in Tecumseh and she's without power for a few days. The tornado destroyed an entire neighborhood less than 6 blocks from her house. We had to take her my generator and some fuel to keep the freezer and fridge going. Otherwise, she and her kids are fine!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Just some hail at home, but got to watch a weak tornado go by our coal pile at work. It sure sucked a bunch of coal dust into it. Pretty amazing to watch.

BTW, you on Team 1 for the hunting contest, we have a post in the Tavern about picking a name. If you get a moment, check it out, and give us your ideas, or vote on the ones already listed ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nothing here.

Bird got hit bad by the storm.
He & family are okay but house & land got hit.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Well guys and gals, you will NOT be seeing me on Axe Men!!! Got hit right on the beak with a twister but still have a house and my shop is the only one of 4 on the place that didn't get blown away. Our house has some roof damage but is fine, considering I watched it vibrate like a fiddle string during the storm from the cellar. Ma in laws house has a 4 ft dia tree sitting on it and may be bad off and one of the BIL's has a 40ft tree half way on it and the other BIL has several holes in his roof. After the storm, there was 1/4 mile of trees stacked up to 8ft high on the road back to their places. 3 front end loaders and 5 chain saws and 4 hrs we got the road cleared so they could drive in and out. Our 80 acres of big trees is about 90% damaged or broken in some way. But considering how the houses look on either end of the trail, we was damned lucky.

Power went off 15 mins before the storm hit and I just got into the fraidy hole about 10 seconds before it hit. It tried to suck the door open as it went over and took me and a BIL to hold it down. My son in law was in the house when it hit and saw 3 trees blow horizontal in the front yard. He went into a closet and hunkered down. The next day I asked him if he felt the house shaking and he said it was from him shaking!

Gonna be in the firewood business for a while, anybody need some??????

·
Registered
840 Posts
Glad to see you're doing okay. My sister lives in Tecumseh, less than 5 blocks from the neighborhood that was destroyed. We took her my generator and some fuel late Monday night. On the way home, we didn't want to go back through Shawnee, so we 'thought' we would avoid the hazardous areas and cut through Earlsboro. That's when we found out that it was hit hard.

Should've went through Shawnee !?!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I've heard that they've had a bad looting problem in T-town and have had a curfew in those neighborhoods for the last couple of days. Those are the lowlifes I'd like to catch just one time and ......

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Glad to hear you and yours is OK from that storm. Lives can't be replaced.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Thanks guys, it was pretty scarey and lot's of work just to keep a non damaged house going. Had to replace tarps on both bro in laws housed today from last nights lil storm. Still no power but I do have to say this. Sheild of Shelter Insurance ROCKS!!!! After the Farm Bureau fiasco last winter, these guys seem to really care about their customers. The agent and his family was going out giving out food to those that needed it. The claims adjuster for the ma in laws house had a regional supervisor with him and they wrote both the MIL and me a $1000 check on the spot to help with additional living expensed and said they'd be back in a week to write another check for chain saw gas and chains, generator gas and eating out expenses. They are going to pay $7800 to haul the big trees off of the MIL house and haul off the destroyed shop and then told her about a Baptist mission called "the Baptist Chain Gang". It's group that use to do this kind of clean up for a living and they'll be out tomorrow and do the job for free. Both BiL's have Allstate and Farmers and both can't even get to talk to an adjuster yet. Alstate told Larry to tarp his house and they'll talk on Aug 30. Sheild of Shelter called in extra adjusters on Monday to help get to the folks that needed imediate help, two days before it became mandatory by the gov to do so. I'm very pleased with 'em so far.

Okherp, hope your sister is doing ok. If she needs anything have her give me a call.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thanks! She's doing fine. Here house (or property) suffered no damage, but she was a little too close. Their electricity was turned back on Thursday and I'm going over there Monday to get my generator and fuel tank. But I'll give her your number anyway just in case. Thanks for the offer to help.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Bird, I'm glad to hear your ok.
I was worried about all the folks in that area. Sux it had to happen, but thats okie land.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
11:15 pm I have the power!!!! They did cut the line just past me so all the in laws are still on generators, but I have the power! I am thankfull it has been cool the last couple of days, that helped in the house and cutting all the trees. Made some danged good progress today. Still have to clear a way to the pond and back side of the 80 but that will happen on it's own good time.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
We lost power for 11 days in our Ice storm. It was like a camping trip for the first few days, and it didn't bother me so much, but my wife went nuts without it. I was happy to get it on for her, not me. I think missing her soaps was a real issue. ??? ::)

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Yeah, it's just like camping only without the fun!!!!! Do kind of feel lost not having to go into town and get gas at 6pm. But the good news is that my first day back at work was from 0320 till 2230. Worked a neat flight that took some WWII vets to DC and back. I figured they prob'lly had a long day or so back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
News folks are saying that all day and into the night tomorrow is prime for twisters in 3/4 of the state. Lets hope they are wrong and none form.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts