Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you all know, I was fortunate enough to win the OK state turkey calling contest a while back. Well, to day I get this beautiful anodized aluminium call in the mail from Sam at Gooserbat Game Calls. Sam is a top notch guy, this post is not about me encouraging you to buy his calls, but to express how floored I am that he did this for me.

I can't wait until Friday to call in a longbeard with it!!!!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
How awesome is that!!
I was going to ask if your going to keep it for a trophy, but you said it was going to be used......I'm thinking it would be twice as awesome to have scratches on it, and a pic of the turkey killed with it mounted somehow. ;) That would be my choice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cool thing is that it is anodized aluminium, so it never has to be buffed or sanded. I have already been playing it, it sounds really good! It has the pitch somewhere between a slate and a glass call. I will use it for sure this season. I think a dead bird with that by its head will be a really cool picture!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Yup! I got one of the anodized ones at walmart years ago when they first came out. Not the best.
I went with a guy last year that used one and really liked it. Builders tend to learn and innovate over the years. What kind of striker does it use?
Wood, carbon fiber?

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Reason I'm asking about the striker, is that I'm an amature wood turner, and would be more than happy to turn a custom one from walnut, Osage orange, mahogany, or hackberry to congrats you on the win. :D.
Let me know your preference of wood, and it will happen.

Your reply came in before mine. I don't have any seasoned persimmon. I need to cut some and let it start drying.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Done! I'll get started this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Awesome man. One of a kind turkey call.
Now get out their and slay ya a Thunder Chicken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts