Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use to be that my favorite day of the year was opening day of rifle season..then as I growed older my favorite day of the year became opening day of Black Powder season....But now my favorite day of the year is the first day after a hard freeze...I hear that we're in far a good freeze in our part of the state this coming Sunday and Monday..I already plan on being in the woods the next day just listening to the leaves and watching them fall.
Like Dennis, I am working the 10 hour days and 6 days a week..BUT if we have a good freeze I will certainly be sick the next day..Somehow I just figure that's what God wanted us to do. There will be crows and blue jays calling along with the falling of the leaves. This to me is the true beginning of fall..What a wonderful day to spend with nature.

·
Registered
918 Posts
man i hear that if its gonna be a good one might just have to head to KS and see if I cant get one of those KS bruisers

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I plain to load up the scattergun with slugs & the smokepole & head to the woods for some hogs.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
And I'll be at big Mac this evening waiting on the freeze. Maybe these cool temps will keep the ticks and skeeters down. If not, I sprayed all my clothes with permanone.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Rumor mill at work says a 4 day weekend. But I have my 10 year anniversary on Friday and the Navy Ball on Saturday. So given that, I wanna try to hit the field with the bow Sunday or Monday or Tuesday depending on work schedual and if its a 4 day weekend.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
This morning was hard to go to work with all the fog, but went in anyways. But man what a rain we're having now. Hoping it slacks off a bit for the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Been non stop thunder boomer here all day. Steady rain with lots of heavy spurts.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
And I'll be at big Mac this evening waiting on the freeze. Maybe these cool temps will keep the ticks and skeeters down. If not, I sprayed all my clothes with permanone.
I was told that the ticks and skeeters were bad enough to cause some to leave early. I went to wally world and bought some Permanone. Its too strong to use on skin, but you put it on your clothes and let it dry. I had lots of skeeters fly in and leave. No ticks, and one chigger bite. You can but it at wally world in the camping section. I highly recomend it. It also will last thru a couple of washings. Thats a bonus. ;D

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yep, that is good stuff. Used it in the desert and no sand fleas or other critters. Also recomned the ThermaCell.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Thermacells or any other spark producing devices are not allowed on the hunt. Smokers have a rough day of it.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Love my ThermaCell. ;D

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yeah, guess that a couple of hundred tons of stuff that would go boom is plenty good reason to be careful. If that place went off it would rattle my windows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts