Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hell on trespassers, and have had evidence of somebody coming onto my place pretty regular this year. Just can't catch them. Always seeing vehicle tracks and foot prints.

I went to my place on the river last week and disked up a small 1/2 acre food plot that is where the pipeline company ran a line through last year.
Took the atv over there today to plant the food plot, and lo and behold it looked like a parking lot with all the vehicle tracks in there. I was pissed.
Put the little springtooth behind the 3 wheeler, and cleaned up all the tracks.
Put the planter on behind it, and put forage wheat, soy beans, and turnip seed down, and then hooked back on to the springtooth to cover it up. did that and then went over it with the 3 wheeler to pack it down for good seed/soil contact. Put the trike on the trailer and heard a vehicle coming down the treeline on the neighbors property.
I always have my pocket pistol with me, but put the Kahr .40 in the waistband.
They drove right onto the place I had just planted with 4 kids in the back of the pickup, and 4 adults in the cab. Now I'm really pi$$ed.
I walked out of the trees and confronted them.
Asked them if they knew who's property they were on, (no), did they know who's property they just drove down? (no). Do your understand the Oklahoma tresspass law? (no).
Do you have permission to be on either property? (no)
What are your doing on my property? (taking the kids to the river to fish.)

Ok here is my soft side coming out....I could have called the sheriff, and had him ticketed like many others, but with the kids in the vehicle, I told him to park off of my property, and for a one day only, to take the kids to the river and let them fish. We had a private conversation without his kids being able to hear anything about his responsibilities reguarding private land ownership and the penalities that he could get. I'm not hard a$$ enough to jump on a dad in front of his kids.
there will be a fence up there next weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dennis, I feel your pain. I have a hell of a time with tresspassers every year. Most of the land around me is leased by the Sportsmans Country Club out of the city. I spend more time running those guys off than I do hunting it seems. On another subject, about five years ago I had a gentleman and his grandson approach me as I was leaving the gate asking if he could take his grandson squirrel hunting on my property. It was before deer season so I told him that since he had asked for permission first he could park on the road and walk down the creek this one time but after that I'd had too many problems with tresspassers to allow any more after that day. He thanked me and they went on squirrel hunting. The next spring during turkey season I found him with his grandson on a four wheeler on my property chasing turkeys. I stopped him and told him under no uncertain terms that he was not welcome. Of course he had all the excuses in the world. Apparently he had run in to the farmer that leases my land the day he was squirrel hunting and told him he had permission to hunt there. They struck up a friendship and he used that to go out more often. I have since had a talk with my lease man about this situation not happening again. To top it off I caught him another time right after turkey season on my land again joy riding on his four wheeler. That time I let him know it would not be in the best interest of his health if I caught him again. I would never do anything physically to anyone when kids are present, but at 6'2" and 265lbs I'm a pretty imposing figure when I'm pissed and that usually seems to work.

I messed up the first time by being nice since the kid was around. That won't happen again.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Reminds me of last season while out waterfowling.

Hooked up with garrison1012 & took him out to the duck blind for a morning duck hunt.
Someone was right around the corner from our paid for blind.
We get 300 yards N-S-E-W of where we have our blind set.

Well the shooting went on & then a dog showed up in the blind then a loud boom.
I had enough of the sky busting & took gun in hand to go have a talk.
Their but not 50 yards to the south of blind was a young man set up in the ditch bank.
He had his head turned when,I walked up on him.I said hello we need to talk.
He didn't no what to think ??? .Asked him if he knew about the rules & regs around the lake.
He reply back no sir. So I told him what they were & even told him if he wanted to he could
come & join us in the blind.
He said to me..Thanks sir for the info & it's time I get my dog & go.

Never seen him back the rest of the season.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at 6'2" and 265lbs I'm a pretty imposing figure when I'm pissed and that usually seems to work.
I can understand your position as well. I gave this guy one shot, and he's done, kids or not.
This mountain of a man was 6'7" at the least, and well over 300 lbs. I was wondering which NFL player I had confronted. :eek:
Still don't know, but I do have the tag # of his pickup as well as the numbers of the Flatbottom boat he had in the back.
I don't do the frivolities of introducing myself or shaking anybodies hand in this situation. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I have been confronted two times by land owners. Both times I was on public lands and both times I had guns shown to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts