Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a text this morning saying to call the fraud dept of the credit card I use.

Last night on the news, there was a report of scammers phishing for card numbers by texts.

I didn't call the number, but called the number on the back of the card, and found out that I had a fraudulant charge of $5000 to a church in Elmyra New York. The CC company denied it, so we don't have to pay it.

Its frustrating to me, as I was willing to press charges, as it shouldn't be that hard to track the IP address back to the person putting in the fraudulent charge, but the CC company acted like they really didn't care to act on it.

So it will be a week to 10 days that I can't buy any gun stuff. Anybody have any loose cash they don't need for awhile?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am so thankful I don't have any credit cards. This kind of stuff scares me.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That has got to hurt.
Card is froze up & you can't even take more legal action.
It could of been worse.Thank God it didn't.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I had my e-mail hacked when I was still in Cali. Had nearly 10k spam messages sent from my account. E-mail company was gonna press charges against me over it till I proved it wasn't me. They cancled my account and everything.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Dennis, I've got $4.34 in loose change if that'll help!!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer Byrd. That would buy me a 100 round box of .22's, but it wouldn't cover shipping.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I just had the folks at Cyber Defender spend 2 days cleaning up my home computer and all the bugs still ain't worked out. Had all sorts of viruses and trojons on it. They said my computer was hacked. Had to change all my passwords on every site I go to. What a pain in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts