Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday morning, with my girlfriend. She has been dying to kill one, and has been practicing with the 20 gauge. We've had some bad luck the last couple days out, but that changed. Got set up well before daylight about 150 yards from where I had roosted some birds. Sure enough, first thing we heard were hens with the gobblers. Well they flew down into the open field, and one big strutter with two hens started making there way down the field. I worked on him for about 30 minutes with some sexy talk and some fighting purrs. I had killer b (Hank) and the she mobile (Peggy) out front about 15 yds. He just couldn't resist whooping up on the less mature bird and taking another hen. He made his way to us in full strut, spittin and drummin. He got to Hank and proceeded to flog him for a few minutes. Then stood on him pecking at his head. My girlfriend Devon was having such a blast watching all this, she actually started laughing a little. Finally I decided that was good enough, and cut loose with some fast cuts. Soon as he long necked, she put the double elbow drop on his beak. Perfect morning for a first bird. O, and to top it all off, got every second of it on video. Could not ask for more. :)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrats on a awesome first time Tom for her.
Thanks to you for getting her out & bring in her first Thunder Chicken.

Thick beard & flawless tail fan. 8) ;)
How long were the spurs?

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
NICE hen and Tom ya got there. ;)

Be cool if you could download it and post it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I can definitely tell she is hooked now. , the beard was right at 10 1/2, spurs measured 1 1/8. Amd yea, if I knew how to post video I would love to share it

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Congrats on a great hunt, and a great story. I'm thinking she is hooked now:D

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
A women hooked on the woods is a good one as they don't moan and groan as much as one that would rather you be home.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Buckslayer-upload your video to photobucket.
Then you can download it on here. Just search through the icons & click paste & your good.

O' nice spurs on that Tom--Ya must be hunting in wood lots & pastures.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, as soon as I get around a computer that has Internet, I'll try it. Be patient tho. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts