Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today maybe the first day of Spring but I have already mowed my backyard three times. There guys already finding morel mushrooms. I normally don't find them until the second week of April. I am ready for turkey season but not for mowing the yard.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Our warm fronts really melted are city snow pack. I can see my grass again lol.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
Haven't had to mow yet this far North, but I'm excited about the Morel season. With this much moisture, and some warm days we should see some popping out of the ground shortly.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
More rain scheduled tomorrow. We just need a couple of days in the high 70's to warm the ground.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
More rain scheduled tomorrow. We just need a couple of days in the high 70's to warm the ground.
I’d settle for a single day in the 70s lol

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well last Sunday my wife put me and our grandsons to work. My daughter had 123 of these blocks and didn't want them anymore. So my wife got into one of her let's make flowers beds with them at each corner of the fence. My grandsons are 10 and 8 they spent the day with no Xbox or YouTube. They helped load them in the truck and unload each one out of it. So when they were done they were tuckered out. The project is still work in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Baby, our wives are good at committing us for "projects" like this!! Wish I had some kids/grandkids to help out. Instead, I just plan it to take longer than I expect and I'll hurt much longer than I expect!

Looks like you've got a good start on your project and I bet the boys liked spending time with grandpa.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Project is looking good. While your back, shoulders and legs hurt, at least your pocket book doesn't hurt from it. :D:D

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Project is looking good. While your back, shoulders and legs hurt, at least your pocket book doesn't hurt from it. :D:D
My wallet is empty now because Grandma gave each one $15. They work for their money here at our house by doing chores. Grandma said they earned it because they did a really good job and worked hard.

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
My wallet is empty now because Grandma gave each one $15. They work for their money here at our house by doing chores. Grandma said they earned it because they did a really good job and worked hard.
Good for you! No free rides around our house either. If they need some money, there is always something that needs done. You and I didn't get that money off a tree for free.
We always have things going on at the farm that needs some temporary help. We've approached several of our friends asking if their kids need some money in exchange for some work, and it's not minimum wage money we are talking.
Zero responses. Pretty sad.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
My spring to do list still involves shoveling the fresh snow that’s expected tomorrow lol but I still love spring around these parts.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good for you! No free rides around our house either. If they need some money, there is always something that needs done. You and I didn't get that money off a tree for free.
We always have things going on at the farm that needs some temporary help. We've approached several of our friends asking if their kids need some money in exchange for some work, and it's not minimum wage money we are talking.
Zero responses. Pretty sad.
We're trying to teach them about responsibility and discipline. So went they get older they understand why we did. It's sad that most kids or teenagers aren't taught the things that our parents and grandparents taught us. My daughter now understands why we taught her these things and appreciates us even more.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I didn't have my helpers today but this the finished product of one corner. 9 bags of garden soil. I have 11 bags more for the other corner. Had to use the post digger to make the hole for the spruce because the ground is still wet and is like clay. I will get an earlier start tomorrow. I'll be glad when all this is done so I can focus on getting ready for turkey season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I didn't have my helpers today but this the finished product of one corner. 9 bags of garden soil. I have 11 bags more for the other corner. Had to use the post digger to make the hole for the spruce because the ground is still wet and is like clay. I will get an earlier start tomorrow. I'll be glad when all this is done so I can focus on getting ready for turkey season.
Finally done.

Attachments

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
Nice job! It's looking good.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I hope I don't have any more honey do projects like this for a while because it totally wore me out. The things we do for our wifey to keep them smiling. 😄

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
My list of honey do’s is endless after being gone for 2.5 months in the RV and finally getting home.
I’m ready to go back out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts