Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I have hunted hard this season and although I have had success, I must say this has been my toughest season ever! I guess moving to a new place and only hunting public land will do that! Despite it all, I was able to take a nice gobbler out at Canton last weekend. He weighed in at 19 pounds, 9 1/2 inch beard, and 1 1/16 and 1 inch spurs.

I have been doing a lot of hunting up at Kaw and was able to call in a nice gobbler for my uncle, but I have not had much luck. There are lots of birds but they don't gobble much or are always on the other side of the river!

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Kaw gets hit really hard at the first of the season. sometimes at the end of season it picks up when people quit hunting and start fishing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaw gets hit really hard at the first of the season. sometimes at the end of season it picks up when people quit hunting and start fishing.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I had been up there scouting since I also hunted the KS side during their archery only portion of the season that opened April 1. I found a lot of birds on the OK side and made a game plan for opening weekend, but my plan did not include vehicles in EVERY parking spot! There were people everywhere!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
One of the reasons I rarely hunt kaw.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Congrats to ya. I didn't even get a chance yet again this spring yet again. This work thing is starting to get old. I need to retire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts