Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I remember a story a long time ago in a magazine where someone fell through the ice. Getting back up on to solid ice is the issue, and I'm glad you got it done alone, but with heavy boots and clothes sometimes that's not possible.
What I saw for an ice fishing tip was the guys had screwdrivers cut off short like an inch or so with points on them and hung around their neck so they could use them to grab the ice and pull themselves up.
You got lucky.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
I've eaten one freshwater eel. We were told by old timers that eel meat cannot be preserved. It has to be cooked immediately after killing and cleaning. We fried it. I was just a young kid at the time but don't remember it tasting bad. Since they have put dams on the Arkansas river they can't come up the river anymore.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
It's going to hit here in the morning. Been getting texts from friends up North. The front is dropping temps 50 degrees in a couple hours.
What ever happened to global warming? This is supposed to be the coldest temperature in 30 years for this time of year.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
30-40 mph winds here tomorrow with 50 mph gusts.
only 1.8” snow predicted which will be in drifts. @murphsranch Is going to have some issues feeding tomorrow.
So glad my Uncle retired from the cattle business. He would never buy a 4wd so I’d get the call to feed and bust ice when it was wet or in snow.
I think that is why I never saw his kids out there……
They bought cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts