Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year tried filming hunts for the first time and I have just taken the time to mess with editing footage. Here is my first attempt, it is a little rough, but I thought I would share.
This is my bird from April 18 taken north of Stillwater.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Damm! you nailed him!!
Not even a flop ;D

Also this video lays to rest that a turkey won't cross a fence. I live amongst the turkey and have them crossing my fence in view of the house for many years.
I've had guys actually scream at me that they won't cross a fence. Shows how much they get out. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, if they would not cross a fence, they would be a lot easier to hunt! Just run them to a corner and lop heads off with a corn knife!
Yeah, I was suprised that he hit the ground dead, of course he was at 18 steps. My Mossberg 845 with 3.5 inch Winchester XX 6s will put 150 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. I was kind of afraid I could miss since he was so close.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
lol, if they would not cross a fence, they would be a lot easier to hunt! Just run them to a corner and lop heads off with a corn knife!
I've got to remember that one! ;D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Awesome video!!!!! I really liked it. Congrats again on on a nice bird.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Yeah, I was suprised that he hit the ground dead, of course he was at 18 steps. My Mossberg 845 with 3.5 inch Winchester XX 6s will put 150 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. I was kind of afraid I could miss since he was so close.
I know a couple of guys who shot two toms DRT with modified choked dove loads @ 20yrds!

Nice video of a great hunt, that's pretty awesome footage!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I was pretty proud of that bird. I wish I could have got him centered in the frame for the shot, but running the camera, calls, and shotgun was a bit overwhelming!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Like the video 8) .
Bird, I know those two guys ??? ;D ;D .

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Some handsome devils, they were, by golly!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
AWSOME video man and again congrats.

Bird and gauge y'all need to stop drooling on yourselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts