Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I killed my first velvet buck this morning down by Ada (LOL). I know I should have passed on him and I sure wish I could have. Funny thing was I was on my way to the lease to fill some feeders. In 35 years of driving this is the first deer I ever hit. Do I get points for him on the contest, just kidding....

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Did you at least call a GW and ask to keep it? Sorry you hit it. I have come close a few times. I have killed 2 turkey with my windshield in the past.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Ouch! You got some damage, but it could have been worse. I've seen pics of them coming through the windshield. I guess we will have to gang up on the deer this fall to keep these vermin
Off the roads. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not call the game warden, it was 4 in the morning and I did not want to mess with a deer. A police officer came by shortly after it happened, he told me that they won't even do a accident report. I will turn it in to the insurance and get my pickup fixed, I cant even get my hood up now. I did not even see him before I hit him, I guess he was going to run across the road. I saw a blurr and there was a wack, I was hoping it was a coyote. I stopped and looked at the damage on the truck and a bunch of deer hair, so I went back and found him. It sure sucks.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
At least your OK and that's the biggest thing. Trucks can be fixed and the cycle of life will continue for the deer.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
One of the guys at work hit and killed a deer a couple of years ago. He got a carcass tag from a GW. Took the deer home, and found very little meat that could be salvaged. Everything was busted up, and the meat hemorrhaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts