Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for orange, swimming noodles to make some more juglines but I have run into a problem,all the Wally World,s I have been to only carry the small noodles. I made 20 juglines in 2005 and the noodles was the 6" round noodles,all I can find now is the 2" or 4 " noodles. if you guys come across the big noodles next time your shopping,please let me know.
Thanks,
Luvslabfishin.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Early in the Noodle season, but I'm sure the bigger ones will come along. Its a big deal up here on Kaw. They put a piece of rebar in the noodle that will slip to one end and make it stand up with a bite. Is that what you do?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,but i,m very curious on how to make juglines using rebar,I seen photos of the noodles with pvc in the middle for the same purpose you just mentioned using rebar. How do they seal off the ends of the noodle to keep the rebar from sliding out?

The noodles i,m using are the same size as noodles they use to protect your legs on weight benches, my jugs don,t stand up,usually if I have a fish on ,the boat will scare the fish as I get close to the jugline and the fish will bounch the jug around. I been saving up cat litter jugs and I have enough to make 20 juglines,they should work well for flatheads being they are big.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I forgot to mention the pvc pipe in the middle of the noodle. Sorry.
I saw them doing that on an Outdoor Okla program last fall.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
This is a bit off topic but last fall while fishing Lake Stanley Draper with my kids 3 guys was using balloons as bobbers and letting it freespool and drift. I never saw them cast at all but the balloons did float all over the place. Never did get to ask them how they set up that sort of set up. Anyone here know what I'm talking about and how its done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dennis ,what worries me using noodles that stand up when a fish is on ,is other fishermen who know this would run them before I did :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
When we go.
We use either 1 0r 2 gallon bleach bottles.
Fill um with 3x expanding foam Along with a steel leader attached.
Then we rig up 30-40 feet of 100 pound test & set a cemented coffee can for the weight.

The 2 gallon bottles work the best,cause they wear a big fish out quick.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Dennis ,what worries me using noodles that stand up when a fish is on ,is other fishermen who know this would run them before I did :mad: :mad:
These guys on the TV program were using a pontoon boat, and floated along with all the jugs and noodles. When they saw one tip, they went for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts