Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finally got the pics loaded from Tuesdays flash flood. Here are a few from my front yard and street in front of my place.

Me in the middle of the street

My wife in the drive after the water level dropped

What the gutter drain should look like

Same drain with rising water levels

Drain on other side of street

Same drain with water level dropping

Man hole in front of house with riseing water

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Large water vortex at drain

gushing water from drain and river of water flowing through yard

Drain vortex with debris

The peak of the flood waters. That solid rushing water between the 2 houses and into the back neighbors yard/street

Lady across the street. I sucked out over 150 gallons of water from their back yard storm shelter yesterday.

Water rushing around her house and yard

Edge of my drive looking tword the neighbors. Water level had already fallen some.

My mail box.

Neighbors mail boxes

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Man! That was a lot of water :eek:
Did any of it get into your house?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the high water mark stopped about a foot from out garage door. But a couple neighbors had it in there garage and one had it in the house. We got lucky, very lucky. Neighbors that have lived here 15 years said they never seen it get that high before. Hope it was one of those 1 in a 100 year things.

Lots more flooding around town right now from the rains. Hope it lets up soon. Not sure how much more this area can handle.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Just watching the news and said that the creeks were higher tonight. Hope your still ok.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya none of the storm drains even crested on the street. Lots of water running down the road but nothing to be worried about.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Glad that you are Ok. Man that is a lot of water.

Michael

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Bullbuster, I was there and helped fish the kid out of the North Canadian the other day. The one that fell in at SW40/Santa Fe. His buddy got fished out. He wasnt as lucky. He was more than 2 miles from where he went into Lightning Creek. Sad. :'(

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I wondered if that was you. They refered to a MSGT in the area, but I didn't catch the name.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard they was playing and jumping into the water off the bridge. The boy that passed was hit in the head by some wood apparently. Crazy thing is some 2 days later when it flooded again more kids got busted for jumping into the water at the same place. I'm sorry but what was they thinking. Sad very sad.
Back in California I almost took part in a body recovery as I'm a certified Dive Master and they was looking for local dive people to help. I really don't know how I would have reacted if I had been the one to find the body of that lady. I've been to many funerals and open casket wakes and such but I have never touch a dead human body. It actually freaks me out to think about it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull, you had the boat ready...good man. ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I had it covered that's for sure. But never even considered set'n sail with it.

BTW gauge take a look at the first 2 pics and tell me if you recognise anything!?!? It ain't that water proof.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
After about 15 years or better,I know it could use some 3m scotch guard.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After about 15 years or better,I know it could use some 3m scotch guard.
I added 1.5 cans to it. Hanging in the garage right now.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That should do it.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'll just have to test it out here soon ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts