Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planting food plots, and getting in 300 acres of wheat is gonna keep me tied up for awhile.
Thank God for the IPhone. ;D
At these speeds, I can post and drive safely!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice! I have two areas tilled up, maybe an acre and a half. Going to plant next week, set up corn feeders, and treestands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our plots are much much tinier. We are small timers I guess. If the land was mine, I'd plant much much bigger plots. And more of them. I'd plant all over the place. And I'd get rid of the cattle so I didn't have to run hot wire around every plot.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least you have some. The cows can be a royal pain at times.
I'm not so sure that small isolated plots aren't just as good, if not better than the bigger ones.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Man that looks dusty!! See the western part of the state has some rain coming in.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brush hogged today for 10 hours. Well actually spent 8 hours working on the brush hog, and 2 hours actually working.
I'll have to clean the Air filters before going on again.
What ever happened to the winds sweeping down the plains?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I disked two food plots last week, and redisked again yesterday. Today, I planted a hodge-podge of seeds and ran a harrow over it with the 4-wheeler. I hope we get some rain and this works really well!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good!I put in all but one, and it may be awhile before putting in another. Truck is having problems. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts