Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email today saying ,I was the winner of the free hog hunt. ;D
I filled out a drawing for a free hog hunt in Texas a while back a show in Tulsa.

Well,what a joke...after reading the rest of the email.
I got to pay for an out of state license $48.00 ???
Hog processing $35.00-$45.00 ???
$100 to the guide. ???
$75.00 for a booking fee. ???

Thought this was a FREE HOG HUNT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Only thing out of pocket would be gas money to go & get back on.

So, for y'all--- Do not enter into a drawing for a free hog hunt by Hunt Hogs In TX.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
that hunt has been a rip-off for many years.
BTW, there is no license fee for hogs in TX, nor Ok unless your out in a deer/turkey season dates if I remember right.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I seen this on anther site as well about thet same company. I'll find it and link it here. If I recall in there case they didn't know about the hidden costs thill they showed up for the hunt.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That is really bogus. But I understand the out of state permit. The other is BS!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea, I got drawed for the same free hunt last year...I messed with the guy for a while making him think I was all for it...such a rip off... When I lived in Texas I did have to have a hunting lincense to hunt anything....I think this is the only legit part of the package...another topic...I read on the Oklahoma Wildlife web site last night where there is a ranch in Southwest Oklahoma that has documented proof of Javalinas on the ranch..kind of neat to have the little guys in Oklahoma......

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I copied this from the Texas wildlife department page:

A hunting license is required of any person, regardless of age, who hunts any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state (except furbearers, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license). No license is required for nuisance fur-bearing animals, depredating hogs or coyotes (see below). Non-residents under 17 years of age may purchase and hunt with the Youth Hunting License (Type 169).

Exceptions: a hunting license is not required to hunt the following:

Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack, or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowl.
Depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner's agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land.
Fur-bearing animals, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license or if the fur-bearing animals are causing depredation.
Note: All laws and regulations governing hunter education still apply.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just hate geting riped off or miss lead.
Thanks for some of y'all exp with this company as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea Dennis I've read the same regs before...I have truly bought my share of non-resident hunting lincenses from Texas.(My in-laws lived in South Texas for over 20 years..)...I just didn't think I would be classified as a landowner...landowner agent...or lessee..and I sure didn't think I could prove that the hogs where causing depredation to land that I didn't own.actually I think I remember the same type of wording for Javalinas...I made lots of trips to South Texas hunting Javalinas,thus the reason for all the hunting lincenses........But...I'm sure I'm wrong..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts