Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a committee member of are local Great Divide Friends of the NRA chapter. We finally had our banquet this past Saturday. It only took a year and half due to Covid. Our keynote speaker was Senator John Barrasso from here in WY. He spear heads probably 95% of all WY pro gun stuff.
My wife had a nice talk with him about legislation allowing teachers carrying in the classroom. Turns out it’s something they are already working on and a certification program to go along with it. Will not be anything introduced this session as the certification process is still being tweaked.
He presented my wife and I each with challenge coins when he found out we were both vets. Also received NRA challenge coins as well.
Wife and I, along with her service dog Toby, had photo op with him as well.

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
Awesome meet up. We need more politicians like him. The Friends of the NRA is a good organization. Our Ok chapter gives our gun club grants that allow our youth shooting program to buy ammo, equipment, and the occasional firearm.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome meet up. We need more politicians like him. The Friends of the NRA is a good organization. Our Ok chapter gives our gun club grants that allow our youth shooting program to buy ammo, equipment, and the occasional firearm.
The NRA helped fund our outdoor range and sponsees the youth .22 class. We have huge trap & skeet events as well as 1,000y shoots. We get people rolling in with 100k 5th wheels to some of these big events. I think we have like 100 pistol lanes from 25-50y. Also have a covered 300y bench range. Life sized steels as well as round gongs on the 300y & 1,000y range at various odd ball ranges. I hit the 1,000y Buffalo once.

Dennis if your plans still pan out then you should swing in and check the place out.

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
The NRA helped fund our outdoor range and sponsees the youth .22 class. We have huge trap & skeet events as well as 1,000y shoots. We get people rolling in with 100k 5th wheels to some of these big events. I think we have like 100 pistol lanes from 25-50y. Also have a covered 300y bench range. Life sized steels as well as round gongs on the 300y & 1,000y range at various odd ball ranges. I hit the 1,000y Buffalo once.

Dennis if your plans still pan out then you should swing in and check the place out.
That is likely to happen! (y)

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
There has been a Miller knife at the Claremore Friends of the NRA banquet for at least the last 10 years. I got them back 5 years ago when I won the raffle. A Mahindra 28 hp tractor and brush hog!
You won the lotto that night!

Reactions: Bird (this time)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts