Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were after turkeys when we heard about 15-20 hogs squealing.
Well we hade to take advantage of the call of wild.
I shot a 150-200lb sow twice @ 40 yards & she went strait up a rock wall...Couldn't get to her.
Me & Bird shot this 1 & It fell dead with Hevi-Shot 13 #6 shot @ 30 yards here are the photo's.
She was 30 pounds.

·
Administrator
13,768 Posts
Gotta love it! ;D I think I'd just skin it, and put it on a stick over a good hickory fire. ;D

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Yeah buddy, I've got drill this weekend and we're having a squadron party Sat. Well one of my guys works for the Pork Council and he's bringing their big trailor smoker on Friday after me and him turkey hunt Wed & Thur. Just got to pick out some pellets and there will be some fine eatin'.

What a blast! Once we found out that we were surrounded by pigs, Gauage and I didn't know if we had them or they had us! It was self defense!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
OHHHH,Hell....Life must just be tough for you two...Not a real had decision,Turkey hunting hard all day or shooting a good eating pig right in front of you,Do like I do when I'm hunting where there may be Pigs,Carry a couple of 1 OZ Slugs ;D And smoke'm,I guess you guys didn't need no slugs ;D Nice....Real nice ;)
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya we got it ruff around these part don't we Bird? :D ;D

Best to you Greg on get'n #2 later this week.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Bro,Best to ya'guys,
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bro.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Been looking at a box of this HeviShot and it mentions something about being non toxic...it sure was toxic to that jake and pig!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
That some Funny Shiaat Bird/Terry,It should say,Safe for the environment,just not the animals that live in it ;D
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O' YA

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Great weekend, did get stormed out of my second hunt tho. Just about the time my buddy called to head for Okemah, the storms hit here and tracked all night long thru here right to Okemah. Course today is fine.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sux's. Sure was hope'n to see #2 from ya Bird.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Oh well got that first bird to keep me company. Went out today and man it was a blowin' hard. We got near 4 inches of rain yesterday and dust was blowing like crazy and it was still muddy. All the bottom land was flooded so tried up on the higher spots and didn't see a thing, no way to hear one with the wind blowing.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know, We got 6" of rain and everything was flooded out.
The wind has been unreal as well today 60 mph.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Yep, the wind blew me back into my truck from the flooded bottom.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Yeah that wind has been nuts here..I spent the evening fixing a fence by myself since my neighbors are to damn lazy to help...

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank ya Jazz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts