Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to ask the question ? How Is the hunting in the afternoons going to be with the moon being up most all night and into the morning. i can only hint the afternoons till weekend. ;-(
Thanks

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Hard to say. I didn't relize it was going to be a full moon until I got up this morning, and thought I'd overslept and the sun was coming up.

I could see deer feeding in the neighbors bean field while walking, and finally got busted by some.

A lot of times, they will feed all night, and get an early start the next evening, but ya just never know for sure what they are going to do.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Cold front, well actually a cool front is comming or has made it here already. Usually you'll see increased activity in front of a front. Sounds like I work for the government, don't it.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Actually after getting out of my stand, this evening with the high winds, I still saw deer in the neighbors bean field.

I'll try it again in the morning, and then its full on attention to the bow hunt on Mcalester Army Ammunition depot for 3 1/2 days.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I seen a couple of deer on the drive up here to Wichita tonight. Not sure what they were in the small group i seen right along the Cimmeron river, but I did see a lone buck not 50-60 yards off the highway. Probably and 8 pointer but not very big. The setting sun made his headgear light up that's how I knew it was a buck in the first place.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Saw a bunch feeding along side of the highways today at 5pm.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seen 5 in a bunch this morning under a horse apple tree. I hope to get in the blind tomorrow still need a few last minute tweaks to Xbow sites, regular bow is ready to go..

·
Registered
5,255 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to go and walk the new property and put out a couple of camera. While circling to bottom area looking for entrance and exit of the field we spotted 5 doe on the hill.. Circled but never got close I think the 8yo was a little to excited. They would catch his movement and blow and stomp to which he thought was great.. So I turned it into a game of red light green light. That technique got us within 50.yd but nothing for the shot.. I really tried to not scare them to bad . They never broke and run just bounced around and tried to catch us .. I'll be back tomorrow earlier and seated in my blind..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts