Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
When I called in the GW, after catching the guy with a rifle during deer season, he basically asked me to forget about it. Professional courtesy or something. After a short discussion he wrote the trespass ticket and that’s the last I heard of it.
Professional curtesy? Get the hell out of here! This is exactly what I was talking about in my post. I would have reported the gw as well. Laws are for everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 2 of the 3g bushnells also. They have been great cameras. I got the same email as you guys and bought 2 of new cams. They have been running for 2 weeks now. Picture quality is about the same as the older bushnell. But, the battery life is outstanding so far. Mine have sent around 300 pics each over the 2 weeks. They both show 100% battery. I also have a few spypoint cell cams and several Cuddelink. The bushnell seems to be much better than spypoint on batteries. The Cuddelinks run on D cell. So, it's not a fair comparison.

So far so good on the new bushnells.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have 2 of the 3g bushnells also. They have been great cameras. I got the same email as you guys and bought 2 of new cams. They have been running for 2 weeks now. Picture quality is about the same as the older bushnell. But, the battery life is outstanding so far. Mine have sent around 300 pics each over the 2 weeks. They both show 100% battery. I also have a few spypoint cell cams and several Cuddelink. The bushnell seems to be much better than spypoint on batteries. The Cuddelinks run on D cell. So, it's not a fair comparison.

So far so good on the new bushnells.
Speaking of battery life, I finally had to change the original lithium AA batteries in my new Spartan 4g. The old 2g and 3g’s Spartans were good for about 500-1000 pictures on 12 lithium AA’s, but this one sent just shy of 7700 pictures before the batteries crapped out. I’m going to run the one here behind my house with AA’s again to see if it was a fluke.

My 4g Spartan at my OK place is running on a 42ah external battery with a solar panel only (no AA’s).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts