Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 9, 2010
snip-The Commission also voted to establish regulations for early season migratory bird hunting seasons based on a federal framework provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This year, seasons and regulations for September teal, dove, rail, gallinule, woodcock and common snipe will be the same as last year, except for adjustments to calendar dates, and the special resident Canada goose daily limit has been increased from five to eight.
[/]

This is a nice surprise if after geese. [/]

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I've always want to do a group hunt on raile and galinule....just can't find anybody in my neck of the woods that know what the heck they are?? ???

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always want to do a group hunt on raile and galinule....just can't find anybody in my neck of the woods that know what the heck they are?? ???
I second that as I ain't got a clue what ya just said. ;D

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
There is a season for Rail and Galinule in Ok.
From what I've found out they are primarily south of OKC. I don't even know what they look like, but there is a season.
They hang out around the water, and I I guess they fall into the migratory bird category.
I have never heard of anybody hunting these birds. I was just throwing it out to see if somebody had, and would reply.
I just checked out the ODW site, and found this.

Dove, Rail (sora & virginia), Gallinule
(purple gallinule & common moorhen),
Woodcock, Common Snipe

RAIL (sora & virginia)

Dates & Open Areas

Sept. 1 - Nov. 9, 2010; statewide.

Daily Limit

25 daily, 25 in possession after first day.

GALLINULE (Purple gallinule & Common Moorhen)

Dates & Open Areas

Sept. 1 - Nov. 9, 2010; statewide.

Daily Limit

15 daily, 30 in possession after first day.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool eight Canada geese a day.

Dennis-Gallinule are about the same as Coots a.k.a. Black Wing Teal.
Nasty tasting.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like we need to be ready for more of a goose smack down. On another plus side its more birds for our guided hunt limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts