Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in the middle of getting ready for a unit self induced painfull flogging called a unit Ops Readiness Exercise (ORE) which is just a practice for the OR Inspection, that isn't even due until 2012, I forgot to see if I got drawn for the Ft Sill Elk firearm hunt. Nov 14-15 either sex hunt is waiting for me after this week of sucking air from a rubber mask!!!!!! I've got Gauge and Honcho on stand by in case I get lucky and need help getting one out. Big Thanks in advance guys!

Now a hunting question, should I get a cow call?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Never hurts..Get the Primos- Hoochie Mama...It's a squeeze call & work great.
Did you find out what area ya got & what caliber restions yet buddy?
Hope U all the best & waiting for the phone call.
Like,I said:You can stay here @ the house of ya need to.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only restrictions on the calibre is it has to make 1400fps at 300yrds. Figured a .270 150gr and it makes 16-1700 at that distance, so I'm good there. Ole Jack O'Conner would be proud. Still need to call back and find out what area I have to see if it's a rifle or BP/Shotgun slug area. Think all the areas I put in for were rifle areas.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Congrats to ya. Gauge and I know where a really nice bull is if your interested.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Don't listen to him ,Bird.
You'll wind up in jail. "The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge".
You've seen the Bulls.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm to purty for jail!!!! But thank ya anyways Bull

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Congrats on drawing the hunt! Hope ya get a big bull.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called down to Ft Sill today to find out what areas I was drawn for and found out that I also got drawn for a gun deer hunt this Sunday. But I'm tied up at work this weekend and won't be able to go. Man work gets in the way at times!

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Give me your ID! I'll go.........well maybe not, I'm pretty ugly, and they might notice the difference. :'(

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All's you'd have to do is buzz all your hair off, have a mustache, be grumpy and they'll never know the diff.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well had a good weekend of lookin for elk. 3 of the 5 sections were closed off to hunting so I didn't get as much of the better areas to hunt. Did see 5 elk, 3 bulls and 2 cows but they were all on other areas or closed off ones. Still had a good time and I'll be back next year with a bow.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Well that stinks. Atleast you saw elk.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Sorry you didn't get one. :'(

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should have listened to Bull and hit the Refuge!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.