Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my gear ready for the McAlester draw hunt this coming weekend. Cant wait. Havent been able to hunt yet this season. Hopefully I can add to my teams tally .

·
Registered
451 Posts
Best of luck to you Smokewagon. I havent even got to think about hunting yet. :'( :'( We just got the new house painted and are starting to move in this weekend.

I went out about daylight this morning to check cattle and listened to a Gobbler screamin his head off ::)
I was back out right before dark and watched my resident bucks, basket racked 6 and 8 pointers, get up from there beds not 20 minutes after I drove my three wheeler 50 yds from them while driving a cow and calf to the lot. It is gettin about time!! ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
I drove my three wheeler 50 yds from them while driving a cow and calf to the lot. It is gettin about time!! ;D ;D
Good luck on your hunt smokewagon! I've always wanted to hunt there, but guess I never will now since I can't use a recurve. :'(

3 wheeler?? Not many people have any of those left around? I just finished rebuilding, and restoring an 85 250SX. I ride 4 wheelers about every day at work as that is what they give us to ride to get back and forth to different area's that need worked on, but I just prefer 3 wheelers. Not to offend anybody, but the saying was.... you drive a 4 wheeler, but ride a 3 wheeler. For just pleasure riding the 4 wheeler is fun, but I like to get it on and go for the challenge.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dennis ~ That is what I have, a 85 250sx. I just sold a 83 Big Red that I had since it was new. I love 3 wheelers too, but parts sure are hard to find.

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
Dennis ~ That is what I have, a 85 250sx. I just sold a 83 Big Red that I had since it was new. I love 3 wheelers too, but parts sure are hard to find.
Thank god for ebay. I have found that some parts from the TR-SX ( the 4 wheeler model that came out with the same frame.) will fit.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found out the Ace Of Spades was killed Friday afternoon by some lucky hunter. Guess Ill just have to shoot a bigger one. ;)

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
That was a trophy buck for sure. I wonder what his final B&C score will come out?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
What a buck of a lifetime.

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
I'm having tingling feelings running up and down the inside of my legs right now just thinking about taking one that size :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
What a buck! Best thing is that there are plenty more at the Mac to choose from!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Skunked. Never even had anything near me to draw on. All I had was the most uncourtiest hunters Ive ever scene walking all over my hunting area stinking it up with their sent. Know wonder we didnt get anything. I saw one big buck for a fraction of a second, but way off. We had 2 hunters set up 2 stands about 80 yards from where we parked and were having lunch. They knew we were hunting that area. Another guy that was with us had 3 of them set ups stands within 80 yards of his stand. I was fixing to shoot someone. We told the White hats but they said there was nothing they could do about it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sounds almost like they had a plan to ruin the hunts for everyone except the chosen few! I've heard that that hunt was pretty buddy buddy. Sorry it was a bust for ya, hope you get to do some more hunting in a better enviroment.

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
Nothing like bowhunting in a crowd :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crappy luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts