Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have been snooping around ebay again (never good for the checkbook). Been looking at getting a new goose call and maybe a new duck call. Already been told that 2 of my 3 duck calls are garbage (hence why I got those 2 for free now) and my goose call is old and such.

So tell me the names of some good goose calls mainly that are under $50. Even that is pushing it right now. I'd like to get a Zink call but can't afford $150. What about Buck Garner I've heard good things about his calls.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Quackhead Duck Calls for around the $30-$40 mark.
Double Cluck Plus by Knight & Hale is a great goose call under $40.00 mark.

Buck Gardner Calls are good too just step up to the $30.00 calls or better mark.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen several of the Knight & Hale DCP for goose on ebay with a instructional DVD included for around $30.

I wished I was a better caller that's for sure. But the local lake I take my kids to fishing is over run with ducks and geese and I have been listening to the different noises they make.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Get ya a call & go toot your horn @ them.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Most economical duck & goose call is having a buddy that has 'em and knows how to use them! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Exactly. ;D ;D ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I need a better duck call, but my goose call is good. It's a Zink Power Maximus, and sounds great! Bought it new at Bass Pro for around $27.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most economical duck & goose call is having a buddy that has 'em and knows how to use them! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thats what I got gauge for but it does me no good when I'm hunting localy and its me and my kids or just me.

I need a better duck call, but my goose call is good. It's a Zink Power Maximus, and sounds great! Bought it new at Bass Pro for around .
You got a Zink for $27! I ain't seen any Zink calls under $120.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That's what I'm say'n.
What BPS did you get this deal @?

·
Registered
840 Posts
OKC. There is no possible way I would pay $100 for a call, I'm too cheap! Maybe Zink has a "budget line" of products?!? Either way it's a Zink Power Maximus. I'll try to get a picture of it this evening so you know I'm BS-ing!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I just checked the website, and they don't have the Power Maximus anymore. But they do have a Power Clucker for $29.99. I don't know what the difference is, but it looks similar.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I price checked around and the K&H DCP runs from $27-40 depending on the site or store. I got lucky and picked one up on eBay NIB for $17.77 with free shipping. Should be at my door Saturday or Monday.
If I had my way and the money I get a RNT duck call and a Zink goose call. But until the lotto or Publisher Clearing House calls I'll take what I can get that will be most effective.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the mail man just dropped off my new K&H Dbl cluck Plus goose call. Got an empty house and gonna make some noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts