Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wish everyone good luck during the next 16 days of our rifle season. I hope that the deer of your dreams walks out and you are able to make a safe and clean shot! WOOO HOOOO ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I'm off for 11 days of it. Went out with the bow this morning, and had 9 does/fawn come thru, but they all the mature does we are trying to take stayed in the trees. One came 1 step from getting an arrow, but just wouldn't take it. :'( :'( Turned around and walked off with her twin button bucks.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Shot my antlerless deer this morning @ 8:30 a.m.
80# button buck & broke in my new T/C Omega 50 cal. on him.
He was 30 feet away...It folded him right up :eek: :eek: :eek:.
348 grain power belt aero tip & 100 grains of pyrodex.
OVER~KILL~ Well maybe ;D

Got to head to Wal-Mart & get my photos of him off my phone to post.

Best to ya'all as well this deer gun season.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Overkill,dead is dead.Unless you blow them into too small of pieces to cook then that could be overkill.Had a good day saw 3 bucks and one doe,killed the biggest of the 3. 16 1/2 inch inside spread
Good luck to all The date on the photo is not correct he was killed today 11/22/08.

{ibokie}~ I fixed it for you...Now we can see your photo.
Nice buck. Gauge

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Thats a really nice buck. :eek: Congrats! ;D
Any more to the story?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, you guys are laying em' out!! I haven't been able to hunt a whole lot this year, i jacked my knee up in september and have been gimping around since. I had surgery monday the 17, so im out for rifle. Here is a picture of a deer killed on our lease by my buddy scott. He is just short an 1/8th inch of being 20" wide, and has over 30" of mass. we grossed him at 155 and some change. He weighed 175# The 2nd buck is a deer my brother took with his bow last sunday, he weighed 145#

Good luck and safe hunting fellas!!
Austin Duncan ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Those are both great bucks you posted of your friends & bro's bowhunt11.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The story,I had a doe about 50 yards Northwest of me for about 20 min.Then a small 5 point came out to check the doe,they milled around about 5 min. Then the 5 point stuck his nose to the does tail.She kicked and jumped around to get away from him.I just happened to look to the East and saw the 8 point running toward the 5 point.When he got straight North of me he died at 40 paces.Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
those are some awsome brow tines! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Big pat on the back to all ya'll that got those whopper deer. Going out in the morning for my first trip out this year. Gawd I hate work!!!!!

Gauge, nothing like drawing first blood with a new gun is there!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nope Bird.
It feel's great..first time to the deer woods this year & with the new T/C BP 50 cal.
=ed a smack down.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
....and a beautiful relationship is formed..... ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts