Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing to brag about but he'll do. When the sun came up this morning, I was sitting in the stand, and there was no wind, 30 degrees, and deer were every where I could see. All the wheat fields are up and growing now, and they were just everywhere. I have a shooting lane cut through some sunflowers, and a doe walked out there. I was going to shoot her, but she looked behind her, so I waited. a buck came out, and they started FORNICATING! Well, I couldn't put up with that, so I shot him. She ran back in my direction, so I shot her too. I didn't have a camera with me, and gave the doe to a guy that works part-time for the land owner, but I did get home with the buck and took his pic. I'm going to try and find somebody that will do a European mount on it. I put a quick tape on it, and it might go 120 inches. The pic doesn't do it right.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
can't see the pick here at work will have to look again at home but CONGRATS to you.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Way to go Dennis, them fornicatin deer is something not everyone get to see out in the woods. Congrads a fine day of deer huntin.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Ok now that i have seen him. Nice deer again. Them main beams nearly touch.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I need to send some of these pics to the anti-gun crowd that says AR's are assault weapons and nobody in their right mind would use them for hunting. Sorry to burst their bubble. I'll be using the AR in 5.56 for the Friday hunt.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I think that would be a good idea.
Ya never know when a heard of deer may charge ya..It after all is the RUT. ;D

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruts about over up here. The does are back in the wheat fields, and the bucks are feeding. At least now we can hunt a pattern, and not just dumb luck.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice buck, Dennis...what did he score?
Maybe a net of 120. It had some ground shrinkage as I was walking up to it. Still nice mass, and a really tall rack. I found a guy starting out with some beetles that wants to get into business doing european mounts, and he is going to do this one for free, and if I like it he wants to use me for a reference. I can do that. ;D
Good to see ya back on the board USFWC!

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Maybe a net of 120. It had some ground shrinkage as I was walking up to it. Still nice mass, and a really tall rack. I found a guy starting out with some beetles that wants to get into business doing european mounts, and he is going to do this one for free, and if I like it he wants to use me for a reference. I can do that. ;D
Good to be 'back'! I'd been really busy for a while, but things are slowing up a bit. I'll be popping in and out of here a little more now. If you can get me the contact info for the guy doing the European mounts with the beetles, I'll try to send some things his way when I can.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to be 'back'! I'd been really busy for a while, but things are slowing up a bit. I'll be popping in and out of here a little more now. If you can get me the contact info for the guy doing the European mounts with the beetles, I'll try to send some things his way when I can.
I'll do that when he is ready. He said mine will take about two-three weeks, and he doesn't want to do the mounting board. He is lookin for somebody to make the background boards, and he will mount on them on the board. We'll just have to see how this goes.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good looking buck. Thats a hell of a scope, bet that makes a great varmint gun too.
Nikon Monarch in 6X24X50MM objective.
Its chambered in .243WSSM. Short action so it will work in the AR-15 platform. It has a 1-10 twist for the heavier rounds. 3/4 MOA at 100 yds with a 100 grain Winchester. It could do better, but I'm not a great paper puncher. I'll get started reloading for it pretty quick. I have some 85 grain Noslers and 100 grain Sierras to try.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.