Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a boat to go hunting & fishing out of today @ Atwoods.
Don't :D . It's a pedal boat & it's getting a camo paint job come September.
It will hold 3 guys, a bag of decoys & 3 guns or 2 guys,2 guns & 2 deer or hogs. ;D ;D

Here is a photo of the new boat.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Sweet!
I bought a canoe two years ago to get around in shallow waters. I love it.
This craft will get you into waters that you have never been into before.
Great choice

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,Dennis.
That was one of the key points in buy'n it.
To go to places no one else can.

Thought about the the canoe but the wife needs the shade canopy to go fishing.
I don't care,I got a boat again. ;D

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Heck yeah, nice lil boat, I'd put a battery and a trolling motor on it. I had a little 2 man bass boat like that and had a blast with it, they'll go almost anywhere.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Shoot yeah those are pretty sweet. I am keeping my eye out on craigslist for a jon boat..once I find one I am getting it. Mainly for duck hunting and fishing..

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Shoot yeah those are pretty sweet. I am keeping my eye out on craigslist for a jon boat..once I find one I am getting it. Mainly for duck hunting and fishing..
It doesn't matter what boat you get, just be sure to get one that is big enough for the waters you going to be on. I lost three good friends to drowning while duck hunting on the north end of Kaw Lake in the late 70's in a John boat. The wind and waves swamped the overloaded boat. When they left the ramp it was calm before daylight, but by mid morning it had 3' waves. They evidently tried the crossing, but didn't make it. The black lab was the only survivor. My friend and I found Davy floating face down the next morning. He was the only one with a life jacket, and secumbed to overesposure. The others thought they were bad enough to not wear a life jacket, and died from drowning. The OHP had to pull them up with trebble hooks dragged across the bottom. :'(

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bird,
I plain to get a trolling motor sometime down the line for it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okchunter~ plain on killing some quackers this season in it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dennis,
Sorry to hear about your buddys.

I don't plain to take it on the main part of the lake just in the calm coves around the lake.
We get some big white capes around here on the lakes that,I hunt for ducks & geese on as well.
Safety first.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Dennis,
Sorry to hear about your buddys.

I don't plan to take it on the main part of the lake just in the calm coves around the lake.
We get some big white caps around here on the lakes that,I hunt for ducks & geese on as well.
Safety first.
I knew you would know better.

The new boats have flotation built into them. My buddies was older and did not. It wouldn't have mattered though, as they all died of hypothermia.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That had to hit home for awhile & it stays in the back of your mind forever.

Your right about the float stuff in the new boats.The pedal boat is filled with it.
You can flip it over & it still floats.Thats good just in case chit happens.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
My Friends have one just like it on their pond. they love it ;D Enjoy it

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I plan on it.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
I bet it'll hold a limit of quackers and the shells to get 'em. Now enuff beer for a days fishing...........

·
Registered
27 Posts
the only thing better than a new boat is riggin' it.

I think I might have a GPS/sonar here that would work really nice, may need a few accessories like a transducer, but if the finder is free, it's usually the right price.

So's I don't have to publish here and start getting all those crank calls... I think you are pretty familiar with tulsahunter so tell him to give you my cell or tell him to call me and forward contact info, we'll get it on there so you can chart the back channels to good duck water.

friends helpin' friends right.

why be rednedk if you can't go hi tech... hey maybe that could be a new motto for me.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
I like your new motto ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bird, buddy.
It has a built in ice chest & will hold a 12 pak & ice. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hitechrednek~I'll have to get with ya on that.
It has to be loaded in the back of the bed of the truck & I don't think there is enough room on the boat to mount a GPS
sonar.
I do plain to get the gator 12' jon boat here soon.
So,I'll get a hold of you then & thank you.

Also like your new motto.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts