Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing craigs list, and found an ATV on there that is worth about 4grand or better. It was listed for $1702.00, location, Cushing Ok. That was my first clue.
I sent an email saying if it was in the condition as described, I would come and look at it today and pay cash.
http://stillwater.craigslist.org/grd/1791463976.html
Here are two of the responses I got in return:

PostingID: 1791463976

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my ATV ( 2005 Polaris SPORTSMAN 700 Four Wheeler). I sell it at this price ($ 1700 ) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. It has only 1,000 miles!!!The ATV is paid off,I own the ATV.
The divorce has finished 6 months ago and the ATV is mine now. After the divorce I was forced to buy a new house. Following the financial crisis I can't afford to pay the bank and I decided to sell the ATV. I bought it new and has only been adult ridden and garage kept. As you can see by the pictures it is in excellent condition. I just had it serviced and put in a new battery a couple of months ago. It has many extras including a winch, front and rear rack extenders, hitch and ball, bow and gun holders, and Mad Dog water proof cargo bags with built-in atv cover. This atv runs as good as a new one and has no dings, dents, or scratches.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the ATV and only if you agree to buy it).
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account. The last price for this ATV is $1,700. I will pay for shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.
Mary Watson

The next one after I emailed again that I had cash and would buy it today.

Hi,

The ATV is already at the shipping company,I live in Atlanta, GA. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my ATV over the Internet. According with the eBay you have 3 days from the time you receive the ATV to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both more informations about how we can complete this transaction. They will contact you regarding the shipping process and the arrival time.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the ATV to you. After you receive the ATV you will have 3 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the ATV. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment through eBay.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the ATV, I will have the shipping company come pick up my ATV. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you,Mary

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cushing OK then Atlanta GA, What the %^$#?

Sounds fishy to me as well. Let alone the other stuff mentioned.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Hummm. Most Mary Watsons from Cushing or GA would have about as bad a drawl as I do and be putting Ya'll and such instead of sounding like a service call from AT&T branched out to Smelleysockistan. I'd sting her along and ask what could be more secure than gold bullion or something and see how she skurries around that question. Oh, mention that you work for the FBI and that you can be trusted!!!

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed "mary" last night and said:

Good luck! My company is sending me to Atlanta on business Thursday. If you can give me the address of the shipping company, I will inspect the ATV there.

I have not received a reply yet ;D
Imagine that ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.