Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Constitution lives on in Oklahoma!! The governer signed the open carry bill today. Provided all remains come Nov 1st those with CC permits will be allowed to OC. Congrats Oklahoma it's about time!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I am glad that Gov Fallin stuck to her gun (no puns intended) and signed the bill, like she said she would. No let's get some states together and get rid of the $200 tax stamp on supressors.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
It's a good day, for a start. Bad side of this is that LEO's that don't totally understand the law will be answering "man with a gun" calls.
My advise is to make sure to comply with the LEO, don't argue your case to the extreme, and talk to the supervisor after a nice night in your own bed vs a jail cell.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I OC in Virginia and have been an active member at opencarry.org for a long time. Many people will carry a voice recorder or set up there phone voice recorder and record any encounter with a LEO. Its funny in many cases how the OC's recording isn't anything like the LEO's report said. But that changed really quickly in VA when it came to a court hearing. VA OCrs and LEO issues are far and few between.
Just be ready to answer questions people have and by all means make no attempt to be a LEO unless you are. I had many LEO encounters and never had a problem and never felt an issue would in sue.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
No link on the part one.
But, never the less its a good thing for OK.
For some that are not long in tooth like me, we had open carry back in the 50's and 60's. I don't remember when it all changed, but it happened.
You could strap on a hog leg and go wherever you wanted to go.
Bought my first gun when 11 yrs old. (my dad had to pay the money, but straw purchases were not an issue, just age.)
I saved the 17.50 from mowing yards at $2 each. My folks made me save half of ever dollar I earned. Saw a H&R Topper in .410 at a Pawn shop, and it was done(still have the gun).
My dad carried that gun on his shoulder as we walked down main street to where we had parked the station wagon.
I don't want to give up my tactical advantage by OC, vs having a concealed weapon.
The less people that know I'm not carrying is good for me.
At least if I print, or accidentially show a butt stock, I'm legal now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with you on that Dennis. That's the main reason I hoped it would pass. I'm a skinny guy, and it can be tough to conceal properly with certain clothes.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the fact that if I'm out on my boat and have my shirt off or out and about it's less worry and I don't have to fear it showing.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I like the fact that if I'm out on my boat and have my shirt off or out and about it's less worry and I don't have to fear it showing.
Yeah, you can quit concealing in your speedo now. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree for me it is mostlyly the accidental showing also not having to run home and drop off if going to school to pick the kids up just makes life a little easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts